Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle F1's with under a thousand miles on them for $300! :eek: They still have the nibs on them! Now, I have 18x9.5 rims and the car is lowered an inch all the way around. Any fitment problems, as this is a big tire?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well im not totally sure if it will fit, but 295/45/18 is only .2 inches taller than a stock caprice 225/75/15 and we know that those tires fit on a lowered car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running at 285-35-18 on an 18x10 all around with no problems, but then again I am not lowered. If they don't fit give'em to me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a bigun, but I've seen 275/4520's on a b-body. So you should be ok, and for that price, make it work!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, using the wheelmaster.com site, stock tires are 8.9" wide and 28.3" tall, and the tires you are talking about are 11.6"wide and 28.5 tall

if you know what size tires you are running now, go to http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp
and enter your info and figure out just what the difference is gonna be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am running 285/40/18 in the rear with 5.0" backspacing. They barely scrape. With those wider tires and a lowered stance, you WILL get rub when your tires smack the inside of the fender lips. Check the back spacing on the wheels. For the rear you may be able to fit avoid rub with 5.5" backspacing. The front is more tricky to manipulate. Not sure you'd be able to use 295's in front. You would have to offset the backspacing too much and then the control arms would end up scraping the inside of the rims. I know it's not what you want to hear. There's just not a lot of room to play with. Do more searches on this forum. There's plenty of posts about wheel/tire combos and backspacing.

[ 11-26-2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: KW Baraka ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't want to use them in the front, but how much smaller in diameter can I go before the ABS wigs out? I prefer to use a 18x8 rim in the front with a smaller width tire. I can get the rears with either 5" or 5.5" BS. It seems that there is no definitive answer on the ABS issue except trial and error. Is there nobody at GM or anywhere else that knows the what the ABS will tolerate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got 18x10's out back with 295/35/18's. My car is lowered at least 2.5" (older Intrax springs) and I have NO problem with rubbing. I think it's going to depend on the backspacing your wheels have, if that's good the tires should fit. They are a little tall for a car, but smokin price!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.