Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 sets of 3.73's for sale. I only want 1 set, so which ever sells first is what goes..

GM 3.73 gears, New/like new. No journal for and OEM ABS reluctor, but there are aftermarket options. . These were installed and marked for pattern, but not run, sign of actual use. $110

GM 3.73 gears WITH journal for ABS reluctor, but no reluctor. Used but in excellent condition. $110+shipping

GM 8.6" Torsen Differential. If memory serves, it's the 2.5:1 bias ratio. Same low/no miles SOLD

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Beeertestr

If that Torsen is compatable with a stock set of 3.08s I'll take it!
*you have it marked as 8.6" I thought 94-96 B-Body is 8.5 30 spline?

If so ....

PM or post the paypal account name and the coin is yours.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beeertestr

If that Torsen is compatable with a stock set of 3.08s I'll take it!
*you have it marked as 8.6" I thought 94-96 B-Body is 8.5 30 spline?

If so ....

PM or post the paypal account name and the coin is yours.

It <should>.... but I really have never thought to try. The gears and Torsen are marked 8.6" as they came from a later 8.6" truck axle. It's still 30 spline, but the bearing journals on the diff are larger and don't use the same diff bearing as the stock 8.5" (GM did a minor upgrade to the 8.5" axle in ~1998-2000 to the slightly larger 8.6" ring gear). Pinion gear (bearing-wise) is unchanged, but the pinion gear I have does not have the machined journal for the ABS reluctor. I hear Bob Shirley makes a custom reluctor for this style pinion. Some internet research may be required (or just call DTS)..

If you need me to, I can measure the ring gear register on the 3.08 8.5" diff I just pulled and compare it.

PM me if/when you are ready..

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
can i get a axle spline count?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
You got PM :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts