Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1994 9C1 LT-1 which is bone stock except for elimination of home plate, 3.5 pipe in place of intake resonator, and a K&N conical filter. It has stock(I believe 3.08?) non-posi rear-end. It runs very strong in current configuration but I believe a gear swap along w/ posi would really wake this beast up. What all is involved w/ my proposed mod? I think the gear swap would be pretty straightforward but don't know what converting to posi entails. I would like to keep my speedometer accurate along w/ proper functioning of ABS system. Advice from veterans of this board is greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Basically, you'd need to get the following <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>3.73 Gearset : stick with GM or Motive gears, Richmond will NOT work!<LI>ABS Reluctor for 3.73s : about $10 thru "good" pricing like Dal ( [email protected] ) or Sam ( [email protected] )<LI>Posi : many choices here, but if you're into drag racing then your best choice is the Eaton : about $400 or so (with the install kit that you'll need) thru places like Mike Laughridge ( [email protected] ) at No Limits Motorsports<LI>PCM Reprogramming so your speedo will read correctly. Many options here, I've had good luck with my recent PCM from ZapPCM[/list]

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.