Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the mph to rpm with 3.73s???:confused: Because I daily drive about 75 to 100 miles at about 70 to 90mph! Also does anyone know what the top speed is using 3.73????:D

· Premium Member
8,747 Posts
The overdrive transmission gear (final gear ratio) for the 4L60E is .72; use the link below to calculate.

RPM / MPH Gear Calculator

KW

· Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The overdrive transmission gear (final gear ratio) for the 4L60E is .72; use the link below to calculate.

RPM / MPH Gear Calculator

KW
Great calculator .
Not to split hairs but 4th is .7 (actually .696 )
Isn't much but enough to skew the numbers at speed

· Registered
193 Posts
nice and low with my 2.73 gears. Around 2000 rpm at my cruising speed. (80 mph)

· Registered
1,824 Posts
My Roadmaster has 3.73's, with SS rims, and only 26" tires in the back. I think it runs around 2600 rpm(when the 3000 stall locks-up) around 75mph. I'm pretty sure Matt said he was still getting around 22mpg on the highway with it.

Around 85, it still only runs about 3000 rpm. Now if it had the taller 27" tires for the SS rims, the RPM's would be a little lower.

This is another nice calculator with more options. http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/Calculators.asp

· Premium Member
8,747 Posts
......Not to split hairs but 4th is .7 (actually .696 ) ......
That's not splitting hairs, that's giving correct information.

I wasn't sure if the final drive was .70 or .72.......but I'd seen .72 quoted much more often.

I know it's one or the other......and if you're able to break it down to the 'thousandths' (.696) well.....that's as precise as I've ever seen it.

Thanks!

nice and low with my 2.73 gears. Around 2000 rpm at my cruising speed. (80 mph)
Sure......but you pay for those low gears with less power to the ground and city driving MPG.

KW

· Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Roadmaster has 3.73's, with SS rims, and only 26" tires in the back. I think it runs around 2600 rpm(when the 3000 stall locks-up) around 75mph. I'm pretty sure Matt said he was still getting around 22mpg on the highway with it.

Around 85, it still only runs about 3000 rpm. Now if it had the taller 27" tires for the SS rims, the RPM's would be a little lower.

This is another nice calculator with more options. http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/Calculators.asp
So a 3000 rpm stall lock up converter helps you get into the powerband???? When does it lock up to down the rpm????

· Premium Member
8,747 Posts
So a 3000 rpm stall lock up converter.......When does it lock up to down the rpm????
Depends on where your tuner set the PCM to lock-up........

KW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.