Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would i have to bore my block , i dont want to im just tryn 2 hit maybe 450hp after everything is done. but i was told i wouldnt have to but this why they call it home work1

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
would i have to bore my block , i dont want to im just tryn 2 hit maybe 450hp after everything is done. but i was told i wouldnt have to but this why they call it home work1
450HP at the wheels......or at the crank (engine).

Either way.....just putting in a stroker crank won't do it. You Will Need a full compliment of supporting mods to take advantage of the stroker:
Pistons (whether you bore the cylinders or not!)
Heads/Cam/Valvetrain
NOTE....cam spec's should be optimally matched to static compression ratio, head flow and engine displacement
Intake
Exhaust
Fuel
Spark Plugs & Wires
PCM Recalibration
etc.

Then.....once you have all that wonderful power, you'll find that your power curve (specifically TORQUE) has shifted to the right (towards the higher RPM range), so you'll need:
Gears/Differential
Torque Converter.......in order to compensate for that.

Then.....the weak link (transmission) should be beefed up because a 15 year-old stocker likely won't last very long with the power you throw at it.

Suggest your read the following.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=228114

KW

EDIT: And as a side note; it's possible to get 450HP from the engine without stroking it.....but you better have quality parts in all the areas I mentioned above.....and you really should devoir and digest what Lance posted in the thread that I linked!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts