Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do my lower ball joint on the passenger side keep breaking. Man this is the 3rd time I'm 5 months what could it be.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Your passenger side spindle lower BJ seat is likely buggered up, -most likely due to being elongated from having a BJ loosen up and hogging out the hole. You need a new spindle.

Don't ask me how I know. Too painful a memory.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I just told m tire of its not my ball joint its the nut and counter pin why do this nut keep coming off and do the auto part stores sell just this nur and pin.

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
Someone in Columbus help this guy before he destroys his car!!!

Dude, you NEED a new spindle and a new ball joint.

GM PN 18021053 is the part you're after for a new spindle (also called knuckle).

You can get the castle nut and cotter pin at most any auto parts store. A new ball joint will include them.

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.....fix it now and fix it right

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man people in columbus real don't know how to fix cars man listen to my store about this ball joint. First my stock one broke so I got that replaced the got an alinment. The guys at NTB said I might need a new spindle they didn't say I was in need of one. Well it came off again so I'm just thinking its the machanic so I had him put another nut and pin on free of charge then I got it re alind so they said I need a spindle. So I went to the junk yard and got on for 79 bucks so I called up another guy to put it on he came out and said I didn't need one its just my bj so he put everything back on and I took it to get alined again. They said everything looked good so I took the spindle back to the junk yard and they gave me a 53 dollar credit slip. AND NOW THIS man is it hard to put a spindle on let me go look In my haynes manual and tips guys.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Money may be tight,but when it comes to suspension with the exception of springs, always buy new. You don't know how long the used one on the 15 year old car will last you. Park the car, save up and buy new. You can lose a wheel on the road and cause damage to others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts