Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A record? Not by any means.
Part of a select few? Nah. Not even that.
Impressive? Yeah. Not too many cars can handle these numbers and still run this strong.

Not the original engine. That was replaced less than 20k ago. But all the frame, body and many of the OEM components are still alive and kicking.

I guess next step is to see if that far left "4" works now that the "3" is verified.

· Registered
2,720 Posts
I'm impressed....not that that means anything. It is a reflection on you for taking care of it.

· Premium Member
198 Posts

Just rolled to 309,000. New engine and xmission just 4,000 ago. As was said before, good maintenance and these baby's will go forever. Onward to 400,000 !!!!!:):):):)

· Registered
10 Posts
930k, basically the same SBC that we run, and hardly any wear. Would have kept going except it lost a valve keeper and dropped a valve.
Amazing thing is, it was still running the original tranny, never rebuilt.

http://www.millionmilechevy.com/custom-1/Million%20Mile%20Broch.pdf

A worse design, and was using a quart every tank, but still went 1.2 million miles and finally broke:

http://www.millionmilevan.com/

The point is... if you take care of most any American V8 it should go a million miles!

· Premium Member
198 Posts
What's that got to do with Chevy B Bodies

What's that got to do with Chevy B Bodies ????

· Registered
10 Posts
You're right. I edited the post to make it more clear.

What it has to do with Chevy B bodies, is we are all running similar engines, and it was meant as an encouragement that with proper care we should be able to go well beyond 300 or 400k...

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice Job SEO...I'm in the 250's and chasing you.... :)

-ALF out...

· Registered
2,572 Posts
376,000+ original engine, original cluster(no repairs). It can't last forever though and it's probably time to replace it.

· Registered
640 Posts
What transmission number are you 300K guys on? My '94 Caprice was on 4 before 130K...

· Premium Member
198 Posts

I'm on my 3rd. 1st one got some warranty work but was not replaced. 2nd one was installed @ 98,333 and lasted all the way until i replaced engine, xmission combo @304,500 and it was still working fine, just replaced it because it was in there so long and i figured it was the smart thing to do. the 2nd one that lasted 206,000 miles was built by DRW xmisssions in santee (san diego) CA. It had additional clutch plates and a shift kit. the 3rd one is from Jasper (as is the engine) and also has many similar upgrades. it's guaranteed for 100,000 or 3 yrs, so I expect it'll go a long way.:):)

· Registered
145 Posts
94 Caprice Beater Wagon

Currently at 322K Miles and being driven as the winter rat. All original, engine and trans have never been apart. (Original Opti). Regular maintenance and oil changes every 3K miles. Just did the rear axle bearings. Trans is slow to shift into reverse, but all forward gears are working OK. Oh and the original cluster is still working perfectly.

Don't ask me about the garage Queen 96 SS...its the one that gets all the love and seems to always need something!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.