Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the aftermarket air filter options for a 91 Caprice (305)?

Is it possible to fit a muscle car type of air filter on them or am i stuck with the stock one?

Reason im asking is my air box is missing some parts and starting to look old and i want to replace it with something nicer.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

Is it possible to fit a muscle car type of air filter on them or am i stuck with the stock one?

Reason im asking is my air box is missing some parts and starting to look old and i want to replace it with something nicer.

leave it stock its pointless.

but they have these arm looking k&n intakes that look ugly imo.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts

there are a bunch of options out there, check ebay for CAIs for tbi trucks, some have used those before or you can do the caddy CAI

^^^

cadillac intake, PVC pipe

or buy the RAISS kit and fab a housing to mate with kit, Memphisakacaprious has done this

this is an LT1 and its not Memph's car, but you get the idea

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
So something in this style isint possible?

i misread your first post, there are a few members that are running that type of air cleaner/filter, i think you have to use spacers and a certain stud(can be found on early 90s cadillacsm that have the same intake i have on mine)

that would have looked hot with my eldebrock valve covers!

pm Sinister, i believe this was his car

here are another, im not a %100 sure this isnt carbbed

check this thread
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=239214&page=3&highlight=air+cleaner

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
lol you do that, naw i would just go the route Sinister did, not expensive
It was very cheap actually. I bought a set of valve covers off the shelf at Auto Zone and the correct stud was included in the package. The valve covers were $50 or so and the air cleaner was the plain chrome and was less than $30.

The same stud used to mount the caddy intake setup can be used for the old school filter setup :)

The filter housing has a cutout in it that just pops right out. Stick the air temp sensor in that hole and viola.

Takes a little work to keep clean but mine was a beater so I didn't care if it was clean,lol. My Bro has the car now and we will be building a 350 for it soon.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Some of the high dollar air cleaner assemblies will have several different studs in the box for various applications. The off the shelf Edelbrocks I have purchased in the past did not however.

·
Registered
785 Posts
autozone and etc sell them. same aisle as the aircleaners

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
I have a couple of Caddy hats with the studs and rubber connector. Check my for sale thread (below) for pricing. You have to supply the pipe and aircleaner.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts