Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am wanting to swap out my stock 305LTZ to a 350LT1, is it a simple swap just basically bolt in no problems? Or must all the wiring and computer be changed? Any information/swap giides would be much appreciated. Thanks.. ~nss9c1

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you need the whole wiring harness & PCM out of the donor car, plus electronic trans.......it cant be easy

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard of people trying it, and usually not doing well. It is very expensive and time consuming. You will need an LT1 motor of course, a 4L60E trans(yours is only a 4L60), a Painless wiring harness, and of course all the fuel injection, etc. I would upgrade to an L05 350, good engine, I installed a new one in my 92.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you've got the money for an LT1, I saw screw that! Go with a Ram Jet 383
More power with proven technology and no Opti-Spark problems.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help.. I am not all that mechanically stable.. (learning) so you figure go 383.. rather than 350lt1.. by the sounds of it a lt1 is just a pain.

And where could I find a L05 350? what cars came with them? and will the L05 work with my stock wiring/computer?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The L05 was an option on the 91-93 B-bodies, but you already knew that, right
It was also available in the full-size truck, but they didn't get roller lifters. Just flat tappet hydralics. However, the block was machined for the roller lifters so that shouldn't be too big of a deal to adapt.

Try to grab the computer and TBI from the vehicle you get the 350 from. Otherwise, you'll need bigger injectors and custom programming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts