Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im selling the motor out of my 1994 caprice 9C1, it had 107k before i pulled it.
stripped meaning its in pieces, only the crankshaft and camshaft are still in the block.

Buy it all, or just parts, either way pick up only out of chicago ridge IL

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I'm interested and close enough for pick up......what are you a$king for it?

Jim

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
BS........never mind.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
LOL! Sorry man. I didn't mean BS as in something bad. I was in a hurry and shortened up your screen name. :)

I'm not interested though. The "for sale" section used to have a rule about posting a price that you hoped to get. If you're looking for bids, head to eBay--best offers, Craigslist.....

Not trying to get on your case. Just don't have time to play this particular game. Good luck with the sale.

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, well i really don't know what it would be worth, but ill take $300 for the whole, if thats too high let me know what u would pay, i said to take a look at it just so you could see it before you buy it or make me an offer for it.

i have a cardomain account or facebook with some pics in them.

i figured id sell it cause im making my 94 9C1 into a long A$$ project saving up for a 502ci big block,

if you're interested in anything else or looking for something specific let me know cause i wont be able to use a lot of the stuff i had in it.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Understandable......

Just a piece of advice on 502's from someone who's been there....pick up a short block 502 from someplace like http://www.competitionproducts.com/ and take it to a machine shop to have the cylinders re-honed and good rings installed. Once the crank is properly balanced, 7000rpm is easily obtainable. If you've done any research on GMPP's 502 crate motors then you've heard how bad their oil control problems are. They really are that bad. A 2k mile engine shouldn't smoke like a 200k mile motor! I ordered my 502HO crate motor from Jeg's back when it was only $5400. They're over $7000 now and I could have built the exact same 600hp engine I have now for $4000. Move to a solid roller cam.....700hp easy.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts