Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991 Olds CC wagon with a 350 TBI, tri Y's dual exhaust, six speed and 4.10's. Homemade cold air. I think I have over rev'd her and am ready for some new valve springs. Have read here about beehives and 1.6 rockers, but most info for LT1 applications. Anyone recommend a good camshaft and spring setup for my app. Looking for Low end torque and more power.
Yes it is a 350 as I had replaced the long block several years ago. Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Registered
347 Posts
I used a stock lt1 cam in my '91 cappy with a 305 and 4:10. i was pretty happy with the results, nothing crazy mind you. its the cheap way to go. but judging by your other mods your probably looking for something more aggressive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DRE anyone else?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You might want to consider the ZZ3/ZZ4 cam (208/221 duration @ .050", .474/.510 lift, 112 deg lobe sep. -- 1.5:1 rockers) as it's often available as a brand new take-out from crate motors on a popular auction site. I've no experience with it myself but chose it for my street rod '48 Chevy/LT1 project -- yet to be run. The ZZ4 is advertised at 355HP with aluminum heads and 10:1 compression ratio. It sounds like it might fit your needs nicely.

I also chose the Crane 10309 springs after some research. Many will recommend beehive springs and I can't quarrel with that, but, as always, ymmv.

Best -- Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts