Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LT1 Block - out of a '96 Camaro, .030 over, Freshly Honed, 4 Bolt conversion, ARP Studs, Coated Cam Bearings, Clearanced for 3.75 stroker crank, ready to assemble - $800

Balanced Rotating Assembly for above block - Eagle 4340 Forged, 3.75 stroke crank; Eagle 6.0 H-Beam Rods (Full Floating Pins) ARP Bolts; SRP Forged Pistons, Total Seal Rings, Clevite Bearings, TCI SFI Flex Plate, all new in box - $2000

LT1 Heads -Iron, Mild Porting, Standard Valves, Beehive Springs, Cleaned up and ready to bolt on - $350

Prices do not include shipping, but I may deliver to SSHS10.

PMs or Email are the best way to catch up with me.

Duane

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I maybe interested in the block if sum1 would pick it up from u at sshs10 and bring it back up this way like BIG KAHUNA for me.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ipalexxs,
That would work if you can talk BK into it. Let me know.

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Balanced Rotating Assembly for above block - Eagle 4340 Forged, 3.75 stroke crank; Eagle 6.0 H-Beam Rods (Full Floating Pins) ARP Bolts; SRP Forged Pistons, Total Seal Rings, Clevite Bearings, TCI SFI Flex Plate, all new in box - $2000
Is this an internally balanced or externally balanced stroker crank? Eagle makes both. Is it 1 pc or 2 pc rear seal? Which 6" eagle h-beams - ESP, 5140, 4340, ??? Do you have the balancer and hub for this setup balanced to the rotating group? Are the pistons domed, flat top, or dished? If dished or domed, how much?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,
The crank kit is Eagle part #12110, 4340 Forged, Internally Balanced, 1-piece rear seal (it was intended for the LT1 block I have for sale but will fit any 1-piece rear seal small block). To my understanding, the LT1 hub and damper are neutral balanced, so they were not part of the balancing. I went that route as I hadn't decided on a stock or upgraded damper. The flex plate is for an internal balanced assembly. For more info on dampers see this post, http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=248563&highlight=damper

The pistons in the kit are SRP part #138103 and have a -16cc dish. I was planning on a set of aluminum heads in the 64cc range that would give about an 11:1 compression ratio depending on the deck height.

The rods are part #CRS6000B3D, ESP H-beam, 4340 forged with ARP bolts rated to 700HP.

The block was bored and honed at Triad Machine in Greensboro, NC (as told by the guy I bought it from) and I had the 4-bolt conversion, stroker clearancing and cam bearings done at Barnette's Machine in Norfolk, VA. The ARP stud kit has the longer studs to work with the stock windage tray.

jking, you can check with the guys in Huntsville or B'ham (NASSA) if you need a reference on me.

Duane

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FLIXPINK

Not sure what your intended application is, but as Mean SS said, this WILL NOT work on a Stock engine.

I prefer to sell the rotating assembly as a complete unit.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TTT

2 weeks to SSHS10, get these delivered and be ready for SSHS11!

Duane

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I had a question on the Rotating Assembly balancing, so here is a pic of the card.
Also, the price is now $1750.

I have included a couple of pics of the block that show the 4-bolt and that indeed it is clean and honed. The white in the pics is expoxy put on by the machine shop where the water jacket was nicked during clearancing for the stroker.

Thanks for looking.

Duane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts