Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any hints or tricks to ensure that my 383 is properly tuned before I go thrash it on an Autocross or Road Course.

I have been using $EEHack and the TrimAlyzer to analyze my data logs.
Details:
383 LT1
Trick Flow Heads (ported by Lloyd Elliot) 2.08/1.60 64cc combustion chamber 11.2 static compression
Flat top pistons (-5cc) 0.036" quench
36lbs/hr injectors Holley
Camshaft - 223/[email protected] .581/.593 with 1.6 rockers 112 LSA
58mm TB
Ported Intake
MSD ignition coil with stock Opti Spark(new)
Tri-y Original Headers
2 1/2 exhaust.
F-Body MAF

I think that I have the timing correct as I do not see any knock retard at any RPM with 93 octane fuel(10% ethanol).
I have adjusted the calibration with the offset/voltage for the injectors. I have been tweaking the injector constant to minimize how much the PCM will have to correct the fuel mixture.
I have changed the MAF tables for the F-BODY MAF.

I am working on the partial throttle portion and I am wondering if any changes to the VE tables is necessary? Or do I just alter the MAF table? or both. Just seems as if after every data log trimalizer suggest changes to the VE tables which I make and does not seem to do much. Trimalyzer keeps suggesting to reduce the values in the VE tables each time ( I thought that the new motor would require higher values.) I do see the BLMs closing in on the ideal 128, but is this the correct way to do things? Should I also be changing the MAF tables as well. Seems as if this method of tuning is time consuming. Very Slow!

NOTE: I have disabled PE mode for now so that I can broaden the range of areas without going into PE mode.

At idle my BLMs are right at 128 for both sides as I tweaked the cylinder balance table.

I was initially using a $EEB calibration but swapped my data into a $EE calibration. Hopefully I have not messed up anything by doing that data copy.

I am open to suggestions or comments.

Michael

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
madamorr, you have a Private Message / Conversation waiting for you …

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marky Dissod for the hints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts