Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of gathering everything to do my drivetrain swap and am compiling my “needs” list. I know that I will overlook a few things and it will be nice to have everything on hand to avoid the “11pm ready to fire and need one stupid little thing” situation.

I know that youz guyz have done these many times and will help me ID everything I need.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Tim

What I have…
· Golen 383 and LE heads – Complete from pan to heads
· Comp lifters and pushrods
· 42LB injectors
· Opti
· Wires
· F-Body MAF
· Holley 58mm TB
· Intake – ported and set up for 58mm TB
· Hypertech T-Stat
· 1 ¾” Quad headers & exports
· Neutral balance flex plate

Still need to get…
· Valve covers
· Rockers
· Water pump (still not sure if going electric or not)
· Oil and filter (for 2 oil changes – initial break in and final)
· Trans fluid
· Coolant
· Spark plugs
· Header gaskets - DONE!
· Header bolts - DONE!
· TB Gaskets - DONE!
· Valve cover gaskets
· Water pump gaskets
· Intake Gaskets - DONE!
· Obviously a new tune (Have Herter OBD1 conversion now)

OH. And of course beer, band-aids and a cigar for the firing up ceremony! :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
You forgot the th400 and the nx maf system that i`m selling :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I didn't notice a better fuel pump in that list.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You forgot the th400 and the nx maf system that i`m selling :)
Sorry big... Already have the built 4L60e. Not gonna go NX yet. I do have the F-Body MAF...

I didn't notice a better fuel pump in that list.
Good point Rax. I do have a Walbro 255 pump already in place. Did that when the stocker died.

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You need a power washer and some good semi-gloss spray paint to get the frame and steering/ suspension parts looking nice. I also sandblasted my accessory bracket, all the bolts, and the water pump housing.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need a power washer and some good semi-gloss spray paint to get the frame and steering/ suspension parts looking nice. I also sandblasted my accessory bracket, all the bolts, and the water pump housing.

Thanks! Good call! All of the suspension is new, but a good fresh coat of paint can't hurt! I have an extra acc bracket and water pump. Will be sending these and the intake for powder coating in the nexy couple of weeks.

Figured out a couple more things too:
- Header bolts (not sure which for the Quads - I know plug changes will SUCK!)
- Possibly an aluminum driveshaft.

Man! This is getting EXPENSIVE! :D

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good point Rax. I do have a Walbro 255 pump already in place. Did that when the stocker died.

Thanks!
Tim
Dont mean to jack your thread. Quick question tho, Im looking into doing a stroker project in the future, and i was wondering if the Walbro 255 is the reccomended fuel pump for this set up? Thanks

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Dont mean to jack your thread. Quick question tho, Im looking into doing a stroker project in the future, and i was wondering if the Walbro 255 is the reccomended fuel pump for this set up? Thanks

+ 1
Have a 383 Stroker already with a 4L60E (both won at west coast gathering- II)
WIll most likely upgrade in 2010
This Thread will sure help un-answered questions.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The walbro 255 is a great pump. That's what I'm running now and plan to continue to run with the 383. Of course, I'll have the Kenne Belle Boost-a-pump on it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BE sure to use an adjustable Fuel Regulator
The stock one will not hold the higher pressure.
Not made to.

D
I have had the 255 in my car for 5 years with the stock FPR with no issues whatsoever...

From what I have heard, yes. This is a good choice.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.