Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gathering parts for a 396 motor. The only nagging concern of then the wife saying its a waste of money is the fuel part of it. I plan on making 450-500 rwhp (hopefully closer to 500) and will the stock lines support it? Will the walbro 255 lph feed enough fuel for that or should i go with my plan and build an entire new fuel system ie cell braided lines badass pump.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1996 BBB
1,720 Posts
1) 500rwhp is going to be pretty hard even with a 396 without going with a BIG solid roller...even then...
450rwhp would probably be a better goal for a streetable setup IMHO.

2) one 255lph pump with stock lines should be sufficient for an all motor stroker.

·
Registered
646 Posts
With my 396ci i used the racetronics pump and harness with stock lines. My 95 impala went 10;84 with a 150 shot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help. The cars really isnt going to see the streets that much. But now I know i dont need to make a new fuel system.

·
Premium Member
8,740 Posts
.............But now I know i dont need to make a new fuel system.
But you WILL need a lot of compression......and a big cam (probably solid roller) if you want 500 HP at the wheels.

KW

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Where's the 396 questions??? I was expecting 2 pages.....

I guess your question is answered though, so all is good :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.