Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New LED bowtie, I'm seeing how much interest there is in these, they will be available in red, blue, white and amber. Amber is not quite as bright as the other colors and if you want the 3D version, it is approx half the brightness of the non 3D.

This is the regular LED version:

and a video for the 3d version:
http://jerryselectronics.com/bowtie/3dbowtie.wmv

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Are these bowties made with a metal or plastic housing? Also, what does the red bowtie with white LEDs look like? Is it too soon to ask for Group Purchase :)

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
New LED bowtie, I'm seeing how much interest there is in these, they will be available in red, blue, white and amber. Amber is not quite as bright as the other colors and if you want the 3D version, it is approx half the brightness of the non 3D.

This is the regular LED version:

I remember the SSLED product but this one looks a lot thicker. Do you have any other pics of it on the Grill taken from the side so we can get a good idea how far these stand off from the grill. Just not sure I like how thick that piece is and imagine it sticks out off the grill a good bit. Oh yeah, and pricing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
following

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The main body is black ABS plastic, the front is acrylic mirror.

They are a little thick, the non 3D version is 3/8" thick, could be trimmed to 5/16" and I might be able to get it closer to 1/4" with more time/effort, so it does stand off the grill a bit, I'll get more pictures.

The 3D version is 7/16" thick and maybe closer to 3/8" with time/effort.

The electronics are waterproof, I will soon be offering a waterproof wireless remote control with lots of effects (can be installed later).

For pricing non 3D - $150, 3D - $170, remote control $20-25?

I'm still working on the final finish details, so any input will help :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Still interested, especially with a remote option, that's pretty badass. The bowtie on mine already sticks out as it is, so the thickness doesn't worry me as much as it might others. Though the thinner you get them, certainly the better....

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Didn't get the "3D" thing you were describing until I saw the Video link.

Must say, that's pretty cool effect. :smile2: If you can, please post up a video link of the 3D version in RED. I just may have to get one.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have a prototype bowtie I'm willing to sell, I can't go any further on it, except maybe a little more polishing.
It's has blue LED's, clear mirrored, .334" thick, not 3D, it has a few issues I will need work out on future bowties, here's some pictures:

Here it is on the car:

Lit up:

Here's the issue I'll address in future bowties, for lack of a better description - the dirty edges, they show up either with it on or off:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lighted bowtie for sale

I've made more progress, here the latest pictures, this one is near perfect, it's only 1/4" thick, fully weatherproof (submersible even):

and a video where I'm cycling through some of the remote control features:

http://www.jerryselectronics.com/bowtie/chevy bowtie.wmv

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm working on one red and one white, I'll post pics once they're ready, I'm probably only going to have these 2 additional bowties ready before the Nats.

I should be able to ship them late next week via USPS Priority Mail, just in time for Nats :wink2:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
NICE looking good!!! Wanna see red that's the one I'm going with

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
NICE looking good!!! Wanna see red that's the one I'm going with
Agreed, and RED would be my interest as well. Unfortunately, I have some other expenses coming up but will be considering this. They look much better since you reworked them and I know the quality is there.

I have your Sequential Kit in my car and the attention to detail is obvious with your kits. When I looked at your last video and think you may have mentioned this, but it looks like this Bowtie does more than just plug in to 12V and ground. I take it there is some sort of control to allow the LED Bowtie to do different things.

Could you explain in a little more detail of what this may do other than just turn on/off and what parts/controller are included that would need to be concealed somewhere?? If we only want something that just comes on with the Light Circuit (On/Off Only), will there be a less cost option for something without all the electronic controls? Just not sure I need or want the fancy stuff, just a Red Bowtie that lights up at night.0:) thanks....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK I see everyone wants red, I'll work on getting more than 1 ready, I'll work on getting some info/pics on controller also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Red Bowtie

Ok I have a red, blue and silver/white bowties available, I'll show the red one here:

They work on your stock grill, no cutting or drilling needed, just use glue or 2 sided tape to secure it on, if you have an aftermarket grill some filing or drilling may be needed.
If your color is not in stock it will take 1-2 weeks to make one, contact me here or on the website if interested.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Hello, seen the post on the led bowtie for the grille. What's the price shipped to 95111 for one red led bowtie and blue led bowtie? Thank you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts