Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
rear = I'm going to let someone else chime in, but its going to stick out 1.5 inches closer to the fender with a 275 tire, and that's the smallest you can go without major stretching. i think It will stick out enough to rub...
front = yes

·
Registered
346 Posts
no your frame will be fine but the rim will be sitting on your fender once you take down your jack, maybe some 9c1 springs but that would look funny, don't take my word for it. this is what I'm seeing though. the rim will stick out way to far. I think we are suppose stay around 0 to +20 offset., yours is around -23 offset.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts

If your 20x10 has 4.5 inches of backspace, then by the above chart you've got a -25 offset. Unacceptable. However, the 9C1 rear end is just about an inch narrower per side, which would bring you to just about where you need to be.

I'm not sure EXACTLY how much narrower the 9C1 rear is, so I'd go ask in the drivetrain section. Not all caprices have the narrower rear. Just the 9C1's.

Your fronts would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Firewood, 9C1 is almost exactly 3/4 of in narrower on each side, so 1.5 overall. for my widened SS rims in the back with my 9C1 axle I had a set of hubcentric and wheelcentric spacers made at 3/4 of inch and they made the wheels almost exactly the same spacing as they did on my buddies Imp, just food for though.

·
Registered
372 Posts

If your 20x10 has 4.5 inches of backspace, then by the above chart you've got a -25 offset. Unacceptable. However, the 9C1 rear end is just about an inch narrower per side, which would bring you to just about where you need to be.

I'm not sure EXACTLY how much narrower the 9C1 rear is, so I'd go ask in the drivetrain section. Not all caprices have the narrower rear. Just the 9C1's.

Your fronts would be perfect.
I'm looking at getting some Budniks in 22x10 and 22x8.5.

If I'm using the chart above correctly, it looks like I need at least 5.5" of backspace for the 22x10 to fit. The Budnik rep has told me he recommends 5" of backspace, which would be a -12 offset, correct? Obviously they'll build them to whatever I need to make them fit, so is 5.5" the correct size, or should I go with even more backspace, or what they recommend?

Also using the chart, for the front it looks like I'll be good with either 4.75" backspace, or 5"?

Do these numbers look doable? I was thinking of running 305/25 in back, and 255/30 in front.

I appreciate any help or input. I want to make sure I'm on the right track before dropping this kind of coin on some rims. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts