Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem was that you needed to be more clear in what you were asking. Reason being?

1) There are 3 types of 4-links used in vehicles. These cars come with a triangulated 4-link from the factory. You should have specified initially what design you've got since you've changed it from the stock design, hence the confusion.

2) "Setting up" could mean a couple of different things: adjusting for the proper pinion angle and fine tuning the axle location, or the locations of where to install the forward crossmember and axle bracketry in the case of a conversion to a parallel or ladder-bar system.

Without knowing which type you're asking about, how can we help? Quickly replying "then i need to talk to someone who does" isn't a great way to get any future help out of folks when they're simply trying to figure out what the heck you're wanting to know.

I'm also curious as to why you felt the need to change from the triangulated design. Are you planning on becoming very serious at racing this car?

But, since you seem to have figured it out from Gerry's email in the other thread (which, btw, starting another isn't advised when you've already got one going on the same topic), I won't offer any more input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i apolgize for being rude. i thought it was a young uninformed member replying. there has been alot of that lately.. i welcome any help you would give. 95Wagon knew what i was talking about and helped a great deal. i value the knowledge and wisdom this forum has to offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's OK. I've run a 4 link on a V8 S10, and a ladder bar on a BBC S10, your question was just VERY vauge.

Sorry I couldnt help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.