Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

is the alignment on a 96 caprice 9C1 a 4 wheel alighment or just a 2 wheel?

I have a feeling that the tire shop is trying to screw me....! :)

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi the place that i went to also said my 94 caprice needs a 4 wheel alighment. not sure what they adjust back there but it was only 10 bucks more then a 2 wheel alighnment.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really dont think ours need a 4 wheel. The back is fixed in its position.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can check the rear but there is no adjustment, many places charge for a 4wheel because they at least claim that is all thier machine does. Around here most places wanted $60 and then charged more if caster and camber needed adjustment. Then I found a local GM/Dodge dealer that was $40 regardless of what needed adjustment guess where I went. Worth a shot to call a dealer.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our cars need only front end alignment cause in the rear we have a solid axle not indepndent so there's no need for four wheels alignment, here most of the places charge $59.99 for four wheels and $49.99 for two wheels.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whenever Ive had my alginment done they said I didnt need a 4 wheel alignment but needed a 2 wheel alignment and thrust angle. Whats a thrust angle?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
our car only need 2 wheel alignment, but a 4-wheel alignment would be good to tell you if anything is tweaked in the rear, as for the thrust angle is the angle the rear tires are pushing the car, in other words if the rear end is perpendicular to the driveshaft or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts