Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of yall experienced this in your LO5 Caprices your at a stop and you punch it but magicaly your tach doesant climb past 4000 rpm even though your tach stops at 7000 rpms?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In gear or in neutral??

I've revved my motor to 5500 RPM but i wouldn't do it at every chance I get. Also I have 3.42 gears and rarely ever see my tach go past 3800rpms.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mass9c1 this is with the car in gear! lol i removed my neutral start safety switch also so I can start in any gear lol

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A higher stall torque converter would allow you to rev higher(also move faster) and a better than stock valve train would also allow you to rev higher and to rev higher safely.
As with the 350 motor whether it be a L03,L05,LT1,LS1 if it's stock it'll have valve float beyond a certain RPM and a better than stock valve train will be the only cure.

Revving that high would not be recommended as it could cause an early death for your motor or some of it's internal parts.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent ran the car since june I broke the ignition key and havent got around to fixing it yet but once I finish my mods it will run good as gold thank you mass9c1 you are a big help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts