Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought new fuel filter spark plugs. wires. optispark. ignition coil and ICM. egr valve. pcv valve. mass air flow sensor. sitll no start. and i got 42 psi of fuel when i tested it. but only when i connected a wire from battery to prime connecter i got a reading...im guessing there is fuel in the lines. but it still doesnt want to start. could it be the pcm???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i get no reading at all..only when i connected the prime connector to battery it shows 42psi fuel pressure. when ignition is on

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I posted in your other post about no start. Now reading this if you are not getting a reading when you turn the key on, check the wiring and relay, mainly the relay, the pcm sends the signal to prime the pump for start for 2 secs, it latches the fuel pump relay in the underhood Electrical panel, Hope this helps. sounds like a bad relay, but from what you posted in your other post, betting the fuel pump is on its way out as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It could be the ignition switch also, go through the check that I posted in your other post, here http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78 and see what you come up with. Even if you looked at the stuff that is listed there, do it again, never hurts to double check, did you happen to do the simplest thing like fuses and grounds?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts