Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo guys please chime in! Ive always been a procharged kin of guy but ive come across a deal thats almost tooo good to be true! I will post more details later in the day when im not on my phone but setup basically consists of custom headers t6 flange, t6 forced induction 88mm turbo, intercooler, lines etc etc. Im very interested but have never liked the fact of oil feeding a turbo or charger. Thats why i was going to be going with an F1R over a turbo setup. So please ill do some forum research but just wana get some tips and tricks and major upsides and downsides

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Custom built T6 turbo kit for 1993 - 1997 lt1 camaro / firebird, but can be used on any small block chevy project car / truck

Hot parts:

Headers are fabricated from 304 stainless steel, 1 3/4" primaries, 3/8" laser cut flanges, V band connections.*

2" 1/2 crossover *is fabricated from 304 stainless steel, 3/8" thick T6 turbo flange, atmosphere vented waste gate connection. V band connections.*

Downpipe in fabricated from 304 stainless steel, 5" at turbo outlet reduced to 3 1/2", exits through driver side. Wide band 02 bung installed. V band connection at turbo.*

All V band clamps included.*

Turbo:*

S-88 built by Forced Inductions. 88mm compressor wheel, 3" slip discharge race cover, 1.32 a/r exhaust housing, divided T6 *flange, powder coated black compressor housing.*

Feed and drain fittings installed.*

Turbo is rated to support 1500 horsepower.*

Blow off and wastegate valves:

Tial 50mm blow off valve, polished finish.*

Tial 44mm wastegate, polished finish.*

Includes stainless braided feed and drain lines with AN connections.*

Coldside:

3" aluminum custom fabricated piping.*

4 1/2" air to air *Bell intercooler core with custom fabricated tanks.*

Welded in V band connection for blow off valve.*

Includes all black silicone couplers and clamps.*

Fuel lines and fuel rails:

1/2" stainless braided fuel line with AN fittings. Length is from tank to fuel rails

3/8 stainless braided return line with AN fittings. Length is from tank to fuel rails.*

Areomotive Y- block.*

Lt1 fuel rails custom fitted and welded with AN connections. Lines included from Y- block to rails. *

Turbo kit, turbo, coldside, and fuel lines are all brand new and have never *seen heat, oil, or fuel. Kit was fabricated installed on car and never fired. This kit can easily make 1000 hp with the right engine combination.*

I obviously dont need that F.I stuff. But its got almost everything to really get started

·
Registered
407 Posts
None of that stuff will fit on your car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really!!? How so?.......

·
Registered
407 Posts
Really?? Well, F-body parts don't generally fit a on B-body. It is the reason you can't just buy F-body headers and put them on a B-body.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol ok. I dont have an lt1 and my "engine bay" is slightly dif then yours. A small block is a small block

·
Registered
407 Posts
So, is your engine bay gutted? No A/C, p/s,ABS,fender wells, etc.

Putting aside the fitment issue, that turbo would make some serious power if it is done right. As far as the oil feed, the big difference between the turbo and the centrifical is that the blower uses a geared drive to speed up the compressor. The geared drive has the potential to introduce debris into the oil system, which is why most have self-contained lubrication. The turbo does not have those issues so using the engine oiling system in not problematic in that regard. This is not to say that the turbo oil system is not without concern. Oil temp, proper drainback and letting the turbo spool down are important issues.

If you can get the system you posted and have it fit "your engine bay", then I say go for it!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I for one would like to see setup like this go into a B-body. Theres a good amount of potential with a combination like that. With things moved out of the way properly, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't fit. I would, however, be mindful of the upper control arms. I can see that being a tight area.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I for one would like to see setup like this go into a B-body. Theres a good amount of potential with a combination like that. With things moved out of the way properly, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't fit. I would, however, be mindful of the upper control arms. I can see that being a tight area.
Control arms, frame, steering column, fender wells ect... all things that a turbo setup for an F body MAY contact on a b body. Some things can be modified (notching frames, running the steering column a different way yada yada yada) but if you are contacting a control arm or something immovable that would suck. My advice is just to measure measure measure. Get the exact measurements of the turbo setup as it sits on the motor, (how far out, up, down ect...) and measure on your car. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you for sure whether or not a turbo setup for one car fits another unless they tried that exact turbo setup.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

unfortunately the guy skrewed me and sold the kit under my nose

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Control arms, frame, steering column, fender wells ect... all things that a turbo setup for an F body MAY contact on a b body. Some things can be modified (notching frames, running the steering column a different way yada yada yada) but if you are contacting a control arm or something immovable that would suck. My advice is just to measure measure measure. Get the exact measurements of the turbo setup as it sits on the motor, (how far out, up, down ect...) and measure on your car. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you for sure whether or not a turbo setup for one car fits another unless they tried that exact turbo setup.
i never asked anyone if it fit

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill prob F with the nos for as long as i can. But my license plate will son say "F1RSHYT"

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would love to see more people play more with turbo setups, especially the more serious ones like you were talking about. There's something to b said about throwing caution to the wind and getting serious on a build, forsaking A/C, P/S, etc, etc, in the hunt of an E.T.

If you have your eyes set on a 'thumper' turbo combination, I say go for it. There are ways to go about it. Just keep us posted when the surgery begins.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I would love to see more people play more with turbo setups, especially the more serious ones like you were talking about. There's something to b said about throwing caution to the wind and getting serious on a build, forsaking A/C, P/S, etc, etc, in the hunt of an E.T.

If you have your eyes set on a 'thumper' turbo combination, I say go for it. There are ways to go about it. Just keep us posted when the surgery begins.
Sandmann, I talked him out of it...I can't have another turbo kit knocking at my door lol :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
If I ever get out of the sandbox long enough to actually accomplish anything, you just might see one. But, according to Uncle Sam, your good for the next 2 years or so. Bastards.

Hey, I gotta live vicariously through you guys for awhile.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea benjamin franklin talked me out of it. Im saying look out summer of 2012. If the worlds not over by then. Need some time to get back on my feet b4 i start makin some unuseable power

1 - 19 of 19 Posts