Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,644 Posts
Neat car, I'm suprised the bobbies let them drive it.

· Registered
311 Posts
What, no annual e-testing over their? Would never get it to pass in Ontario, we have enough trouble with factory equipped powertrains passing after 10-15 years.

· Registered
358 Posts
What, no annual e-testing over their? Would never get it to pass in Ontario, we have enough trouble with factory equipped powertrains passing after 10-15 years.
I'm in Ontario too, and I don't know why you are having a hard time. My '95 with over 450,000 km always passed no problems. My '94 even easier with some mods, but lower miles. Also, you are getting played by someone, since we only need to do e-testing every 2 years.

You ever look at the 'hot-rod' laws in Ontario? They are a bit picky, but a 454 in a '94 Caprice is totally doable.

· Registered
311 Posts
Raxstone,
Your right an annual e test for licensing is not a requirement in Southern Ontario, but the "Hot Rod" statute is not really an option either for our vintage of vehicles.

"A hot rod that receives a motor replacement on or after January 1, 1999, shall receive a motor designed to meet emission standards at least as stringent as those achieved by the original motor with all its original emission control equipment attached and functioning, and the replacement motor shall have the original catalytic converter and all the original emission control equipment, or equivalent replacements, included or usually included with the replacement motor by the manufacturer of the motor. O. Reg. 361/98, s. 4 (2); O. Reg. 86/99, s. 3."

Down our way lately the MOE inspectors have been stopping cars for a visual inspection, if any equipment is removed or modified they slap you with a $360 fine, doesn't matter if you just passed an e-test or not?

Now you are right, a high mileage car can pass an e-test with flying colors, no problem, but other members report having their cars tested 5 and 6 times before they will pass. I've always taken the car for a good highway run before going to the test center, never had a problem myself.

· Registered
358 Posts
I used to try to take the car for a good run before testing, but found that there really isn't much point. Over here the e-test scheduling is unpredictable and most of the time the car sits for half an hour or more before they even roll it in for the test. Oh well, only another 2 tests for my 94 and then (unless they change the rules on us) no more tests ever. After that I can do whatever I want. Just wish I could afford to do what I want.

· Registered
311 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but no more rolling 20 year exemption, cut off year is 1987, everything newer will still need to be tested. Dalton's tax and grab at work.

· Registered
1,220 Posts
That thing is solid! I would luv to see that 454 run:)

· Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Left hand drive on narrow 2 lane roads is not an easy proposition and with gas at about $10 a gallon, I'm sure it doesn't get driven much.

Nice to see one in the good ol' country though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.