Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the board and found mainly people interested in doing fi bbc swaps. I'm just looking to throw a 496 and a t 400 in my impala, what am I looking at.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
There is a lot involved, and the cost, complexity and time required will depend a lot on the purpose of the car.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
BTW incase you didnt read his sig. Hes done this already :D
And the Big Kahuna has a B-body with an EFI 502 BBC. But he won't be able to answer your "how to" questions on the install as he doesn't do the mechanical work on his cars. His answer will be "Write a check". cwm4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car will see street and track, i'll gut everything in the engine bay that doesn't need to be there.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
And the Big Kahuna has a B-body with an EFI 502 BBC. But he won't be able to answer your "how to" questions on the install as he doesn't do the mechanical work on his cars. His answer will be "Write a check". cwm4
Actually my answer is suck my cock you hillbilly midget.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Is it not possible to give credit to someone that knows his limitations? :) cwm2

By contrast, Jay Leno actually knows his way around his vehicles mechanically, but chooses to let others collect the grease under their fingernails because he can actually afford it.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Seriously though, I can tell you every little detail about the 502, I have about 1000 pics showing everything done and I took most of them. I know a lot more than you think. At least I think I do?

Don't have time or small enough hands/body to work on my car anymore, luckily I've been blessed with a fair job and good base of friends who love to do this ****.

I try to help, but I usually get pushed out of the way and get in trouble for over-torquing (my specialty) or snapping something off. I have mastered the ham fist. But everything on all my cars is picked by me after careful research and using the expert advice I'm surrounded with.

No matter, BAD-SS-94 needs to know no matter how talented he is, it's still gonna cost big bucks and you will have to do a lot of fabricating if you want it to stay a street car. Only a 'little' fabricating if you want it to be a drag car. Right Stump? :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Im still interested in seeing what 'liitle' work for a drag-oriented setup. Still haven't seen many pics of one of these. Someone has to have some. Again, more looking for a race-oriented build...

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I searched the board and found mainly people interested in doing fi bbc swaps. I'm just looking to throw a 496 and a t 400 in my impala, what am I looking at.
Why does this sound like you think a 496 is a small block ?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
It ain't just you. That's exactly what I got from the OP's OP, too. But, I'm just listening in. I've never had a 496 of either one. cwm1

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
there are lots of threads about putting big blocks into these cars.

It is also possible for a tall deck LSx block to reach 496cid, and there are several threads on LSx swaps too.`

·
Registered
623 Posts
the biggest hurdle i have noticed so far on mine is going to be making headers that fit nice.do you already have the 496 built?I believe others have found off the shelf headers that fit,not so sure they will work with a cyl head that has raised exhaust ports.
there is plenty of room in the engine bay once you clear the extra **** out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a block sitting here, goign to buy a eagle rotating assembly in it and my buddy has a set of heads for me. I have no problem cutting out what I need to cut out.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
...... Only a 'little' fabricating if you want it to be a drag car. Right Stump? :D
You need to see the car with no engine in it to realize exactly what was done with the "race car" you guys are envisioning. It has been seriously worked over with regards to engine location in the chassis.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Seriously though, I can tell you every little detail about the 502, I have about 1000 pics showing everything done and I took most of them. I know a lot more than you think. At least I think I do?

Only a 'little' fabricating if you want it to be a drag car. Right Stump? :D
I got this video of a green woody wagon racing that 502 :D

Remember that?

Can't seem to find it at the moment, but I know where the tape is. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts