Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good tail shaft housing for a 91-93 4L60. The crossmember hit/rubbed on the bottom, and distorted the part, now it leaks at the VSS. The length from the flange to the end is 8 5/8 inches.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mount failed, and it rubbed, and bounced on the crossmember. It does not look horrible, but has a shiny area on the bottom. The reason I need one is because the core trans I have has the same issue.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

great place. 700r4/4l60e is their wheelhouse. when I rebuilt my 700r4 many of my "hard parts" were worn. they recondition many parts them selves (such as rebuilding planetaries). found out about them from dana @ probuilt transmissions.
I am not looking for a retail outlet. I will find one that is on a used trans without the issue mine has, and my builder will make it work correctly.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they are available, I pull used parts for a lot less. The only reason I posted this is because one of local P-N-P yards with two of them is closed for the duration. The nearest yard with one (they have 3) is about 50 m away. If I can not find a reasonable priced one soon, i may just drive there and get one. They are about $25-35 at the yard. There are some full service yards locally too, and I need to give them a call as well. If they are under $50 I will probably buy one there. I wanted to give someone on here a chance to sell a part as well.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends, like I said, if the local full service yards can come up with one for around $50 I won't be driving very far.

·
Registered
176 Posts
here's the thing i find funny. sounds like you haven't even phoned teal for pricing. my guess is it will be cheap as was my experience when i bought over a dozen things off them. you posted here looking for one, so obviously shipping costs isn't a concern. hopefully you can find something locally because if not it will probably be too much effort otherwise.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Support your local forum members.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found one. It was $23 at the local U-Pull-It. I also found out that the 91-96 cars all have the same tail shaft housing. The geared and reluctor VSS fit interchangeably.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told that they did not change it until 97. I guess you can't believe everything from a transmission shop. I got it from a 95.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts