Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me on the passenger side of my 95 Impala SS 4L60E trans the tranny lines come to a brass colored box shaped metal square with a sensor plug in on it. Can someone please tell me what this sensor plug is and for? Im reinstalling my Motor and trans and dont even know what this is or remember if it actually has a sensor that plugged into it. Im pretty sure it did but havent been able to find any pics or info on it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think its either a tranny fluid temp or pressure sensor. Mine broke off on my caprice and I never bothered to fix it, no problems since.

·
Registered
826 Posts
dude, do a SEARCH or check the drivetrain section. This exact topic was just covered about 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It is the TCC Temp Sensor switch, it can be safely unplugged with little or now affect on anything, but it does protect the trans if it gets into a high heat mode. As Jessman stated, search does work a bit these days as there was a previous post a couple of days ago on the same subject.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It isn't a bother man really, I usually answer the question without problem, even if it was just recently posted. I don't like to ride on the "DO a SEARCH" bandwagon, I will make note of it though in my post if it was just posted. Also the people that say do a search have to remember that the search tool isn't all that great, if you don't get the terms exactly right it will not bring them up. It is all good though man, let us know if you need help with something else. for instance if you used the search term "brass" it would pop right up showing you the thread that was already started. It just works weird sometimes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thx Man. I really appreciate the info. I was trying to look under the FAQ an couldnt fing any matches but after u guys said somthin looked under the search. Just got my new motor bk in and Im having trouble for some reason with this tcc sensor reaching and when I plug in large trans sensor on the pass bottom side it wants to pull out my oil sending unit sensor at bk of block...ugghhh. Ive gotta have something routed wrong for them not to reach but both my buddies have got rid of their Impalas and I cant find one to get a good visual on locally nor have I yet to fing a good enough pic online to figure out the prob. Its been pretty aggravating tryin to get it taken care of but I will be under the hood again tomorrow to hopefully figure something out. Thanks again...Steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah jus got everything finally hooked up other than theres a single green wire harness that comes out by the starter solenoid wire that I dont remember it plugging into anything or do you know what it may be? Also does the rubber vaccum line coming from the trans plug into the EVAP Cannister? I know one vaccum rubber hose to the EVAP cannister comes from the throttle body but I am not sure where the rubber vac hose from the trans goes to. Thanks in advance...Steve

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
The rubber line coming out of the trans is the vent tube, it runs along the top of the trans to the back of the car and there are clips that hold in in place on the back side of the trans crossmember running into the passenger side frame rail. Single green wire, temp sender sound line to me, does it have a connector on it and protective wrap? could be knock sensor, but that is a little more forward if I remember right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Mike thx for info on the trans vent tube. The sensor plug Im talking about does have a protective wrap and has one green wire and I believe a blue plug sensor on the end. I already have the knock sensor hooked up as its white. Like I said it comes out of the pass side wiring harness right beside the starter solenoid wire. I dont see anything else that isnt hooked up. I will try and take a couple of pix of it tomorrow and post to see if it can be figured out. I appreciate all your time and help Mike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts