Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally found a replacement for two of my rims, but they are 6 lug nut compared to my current 5.

Will that make a major difference? Im asking because my rims have been discontinued & I cant find them anywhere.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes it will make a difference a 6 lug nut rim will not bolt to the 5 lug nut car due to a difference in amount of bolt holes. There are 5x5 to 6x5 adapters though that would push the rim out a bit so you would have to get rims with the proper backspacing to account for the adapters. - Peter

·
Registered
701 Posts
There was a Fleetwood on here that had factory Escalade 22" wheels filled and re-drilled. That might be a possibility.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
fill and drill isn't cheap, but its the only way to do it right. 5 to 6 lug adapters are generally big as hell, about 2-2.5 inches thick. It'll push your wheel way out unless you find a really high offset 6lug wheel. Not likely to happen.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats the big deal? you will just not use that extra hole.... AMIRITE?
That was my way of thinking too, and why I asked question. I didnt know if I could do it that way & not cause any damage to my car. I asked my dad about it, he said ''It wont work!''

Figured I would ask to see if he was right (I probably could have worded my question better too)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: He must have sold them already cause the posting is gone.

what kind of rims are they?
All I know is that they're 20 inch Kaotik rims. My bro gave them to me since mine were stolen, but the two back rims were slightly bent. I personally never liked them, but I figured anything was better than nothing and Im grateful for whatever comes my way.

Heres a few pics.

Tonyno was trying to find out what they were for me, but no luck yet.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Lol at everything. But yeah bro toss the rims and get something else if you don't like them, don't waste money time an effort to find a set or make them work.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I had money Id DEFIANTLY toss them and get the 24's Ive had my eye on since last year. College comes first before any car to me & not having a steady income influences it too lol. By the time I save up enough for them I bet they're gonna be discontinued lol.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
understand throw some stockers on it, slam it more and put some rallies on it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Whats the big deal? you will just not use that extra hole.... AMIRITE?
no the entire pattern is different. can you put 5 lug wheels on a 4 lug car? no

1 - 16 of 16 Posts