Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I need some help deciding on a video monitor for my astro overhead console. It appears that a 5.6" screen is the biggest I can fit in the "drop down" comparment, but I don't really know how "thick" the screen can be before it is TOO thick.
Does anyone have any personal experience/recommendations on a good quality unit that fits in the console? Brand and model number would be greatly appreciated!
Thanx,
Joe

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put a Starvision TM-SV5605 to put in my overhead console (in the CD storage area). It fits perfectly. Downside is, it is a discontinued model - not sure if the new model is the same dimensions or not. The one I have is just over 1" deep, 4.5" tall, and almost 6" wide. Hope this helps.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be interested in this mod too, since I dont want to put TV's in the headrests. I saw an astro overhead console on ebay for about $30. Anyone else have any info on this mod?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SydneySSnowflake,
Thanx for the info, that gives me a place to start.
Anyone else have any reccomendations?
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically, none of the 5.6" screeens are too thick. I've played with 3 now from really big w/speaker to several other brands, they all fit fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts