Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered some Fatmat 50sq feet, I was wondering if that's enough to do the whole trunk if not could some please tell me the most critical places to put that stuff on. - erick

·
Registered
444 Posts
id like to kill vibrations

What I would recommend is getting some spray foam and filling the braces of the trunk lid. But don't put to much it expands alot and cut off the excess. Then go over it with deadener. I would put a layer on the underside of the rear deck, 1/4 panels, backside of the liscence plate, backseat braces,the floor. ANd if you still have some left go for the wheels wells and put another layer on the 1/4 panels, trunk lid, and then any place that doesn't have any. Make sure you use a degreaser or dilluted laundry detergent to clean the surface or it won't stick. I didn't degrease my trunk lid the first time and half of it fell off.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
for god sakes man do the quarter panels good!!!!!!!!! ask me an kapone why lol

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
The quarter panels are a must!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great advice I was just about to ask about how and were to put that stuff. I am really just tryn to put that stuff in for my subs i know these cars rattle pretty bad thanks again -erick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts