Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had rotors from a third gen, and tried it,to get some 15x4 prostars on the front, but the caliper wouldnt go back on. The rotor was out about .250 too far. I was wondering if the 1le rotor is different? Or is it a specific year 1le rotor?

If I buy rotors, what do I get?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You have two options - Rotors for an 88 to 92 Camaro 1LE option. like was mentioned before these are essentially B-Body rotors that are turned down at the hub and have 5 X 4.75 bolt pattern. I am not sure that the ABS ring from the Impala rotor will swap, this could require some machine work?

If you don't care about ABS: the other option would be to swap spindles with a 1973 to 77 A-Body or 2nd Gen F-Body caralong with the 11" rotors. This spindle will work provided you have 9/16" lower ball Joints. This would be fine for a primarily DRAG Car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the 1le rotor IS different. The 1LE rotor is actually a b-body rotor, redriled for the Camaro pattern. That is why you must read and follow.
Well, in the stricky, it does say 1le, but doesnt specify a year at. And if memory serves, the 1le was an option for many years, not just third gens. They should be the same as my 89tta then also.

Thanks for clarifying, I must admit Im surprised the 1le utilizes a different bracket or caliper offset on the f bodies. I didnt know if the rotors I pulled were 1le or not, just from a pile of parts, they could have been. lol

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yes, the 1le rotor IS different. The 1LE rotor is actually a b-body rotor, redriled for the Camaro pattern. That is why you must read and follow.
Kurt, the 1LE rotor is a hybrid--the 5x5 rotor has a larger hub register diameter - 77.8mm vs 70.5 or 70.3 for the 4.75 rotor. Wheel bearings are the same. Grease seal is the same, or should be. As mentioned by Todd, it is "probably" possible to mount the ABS tone ring from an Impala rotor, but it will require machining the step for the ring on the back/inboard side of the rotor.

Otherwise, the rotors are the same thickness and diameter, or very close to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.