Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a copy of the 6.5" speaker template. I have searched on the forum, and all the links I find are dead. Perhaps someone could point me to a good link?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know why I kept trying that before and could get nowhere. Thanks for the link!

MrMaJ

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if there is someone that sells the finished product? Didn't know if that may be cheaper than buying the wood and having someone cut it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone was selling these a while back for like 25 bucks a pair but I don't think they are anymore. The wood is going to cost about 4 bucks at the home depot anyway and they are pretty straight forward to make.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone wants them, I just made a master template, today actually. I'll do them for $15.00/ pair plus actual shipping. These are 1/2" MDF.

I'll leave them blank (no holes), or if you know for sure which speakers you will be using, I will router the holes.

Please EMAIL me with your request.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally gave up and made my own. Well, along with some help from my bro. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Without him coaxing me, I would have just waited for someone to sell me a set or get them done at a stereo shop. Glad we chose this way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you secure to the door? do you put any thing between the door and the wood to stop any noise?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just screw them to the door, and you can use dynamat, or any other brand of deadner in between if you want. I haven't heard of any problems with noise.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine in, and I don't have any problems. No rattles or creeks in anything. Hope that helps. I have added nothing for deadening.

MrMaJ

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the earlyer part of this post the link to the templete in the picture there is no visable screws holding the board on ? Do the speaker screws do all the holding to the door ? Or is it screw to door then screw speaker to the wood? Also on the templete there is an x is that the center to drill with holesaw? Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe the x on the template is for the 3" radius that you will need to make the curve in the wood. You would place a compass on the x and make the radius from there. Yes, you will need to use longer screws to screw the template to the metal of the door and then screw the speaker to the wood with the speaker screws.

Hope this helps, MrMaJ

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Thanks for the Help. Sorry I was unable to get on the forum for about 4 days. Was it down? I hade a freind blow up the template to real size. I mesured all points It was easy. Then used tracing paper to transfer the image to my MDF board,then a run on the old bandsaw all done. Fits like a glove! Thanks for all info

1 - 18 of 18 Posts