Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone running the 6 piston calipers?
if so, what brand is the best to go with? i would also like to know if it is worth putting this on or just go with a simple upgrade?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only affordable (well, relatively...none of them are "cheap"
) 6-piston kit I know of for our cars is the 6-piston kit from Todd at TCE Performance Products.

Talk with Todd first, great guy to deal with and can help you figure out what is best for your car. Note that caliper clearance might be an issue with your 20's, Todd can talk you thru that as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If those are the wheels in the pic, I'd probably have to build up a low profile kit. They appear to have the spokes closer to the brakes than normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Todd TCE:
If those are the wheels in the pic, I'd probably have to build up a low profile kit. They appear to have the spokes closer to the brakes than normal.
Todd,

Is is possible to build a kit that would fit inside 15" wheels? I expect you would have to reduce the rotor size, but how much would that really effect the overall performance? I'm thinking the Wilwood Heavy Duty Curved Vane 48 Fin rotor in either 11.75"x1.25" or 12.19"x1.25"

I keep thinking if NASCAR builders can fit their brakes inside the mandated 15"x9½" wheels, it should be possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TODD, WHAT KIND OF MONEY ARE WE TALKING TO CHANGE A CAR OVER TO THAT THE RIGHT WAY? JUST A BALL PARK
RANGE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sean,
A narrow rotor (1.10 vs 1.25) kit will be the same price as the normal kit, and can be its narrowest with the 'narrow body six' which will add the usual up charge of $239 like the wider kits.

Garry,
I can do a smaller dia kit. But it's going to take a different caliper and radial mount. Keeping it simple; if you are up for a $2k+ kit call me and I'll review the entire option with you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using 6 pistom Wilwoods with 13" rotors on custom brackets and custom Hubs. Th only thing I worry about now is the car BEHIND me.
:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.