Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum stuff..... Looking for a little bit of knowledge. I have a 62 impala SS that I installed a 2" dropped spindle kit on. The problem I'm having is the yoke between the 4 Speed tranny and the carrier bearing is rubbing on the underbody while going over bumps or while accelerating. Any help would be appreciated. Carrier bearing is a new cheaper style o ne is that makes a difference.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello! This 62' Impala SS of yours sounds sweet, but unfortunately this forum focuses mostly on the 94'-96' model year Impala SS.
I'd try looking here, Impala Forums

All that said, there's likely some people here knowledgeable about your issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Come on over to impalas.net

That site is specifically for 1960s Impalas. We'll take care of you over there. See my avatar for a sneak preview...

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum stuff..... Looking for a little bit of knowledge. I have a 62 impala SS that I installed a 2" dropped spindle kit on. The problem I'm having is the yoke between the 4 Speed tranny and the carrier bearing is rubbing on the underbody while going over bumps or while accelerating. Any help would be appreciated. Carrier bearing is a new cheaper style o ne is that makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts