Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i have a set of steel rallys 8" wide with 9.5" wide tires, just wondering on quick reference if anyone knows whether or not they will fit on a 91 caprice, the skirts are my concern (these are for back tires only, fronts are narrower)

thanks !

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......i have a set of steel rallys 8" wide with 9.5" wide tires........anyone knows whether or not they will fit on a 91 caprice.......
8" wide wheels mean almost nothing without knowing the backspacing/off-set of these wheels. Do these wheels have a 5x5" bolt pattern? At the very least, can you give up a hint as to what vehicle these wheels came off of?

9.5" wide tires also mean nothing. Can you get us a specific tire size; like 235/70/15?

Hate to seem like an ass over this.....but this is the information we need to be sure that we're giving you good info.

KW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rims off of full size chevy truck, so they have the big bolt pattern that fit b bodys, tire size as listed on tire: 30x9.5rx15, no damn clue about what backspacing they are

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Are these street tires or slicks? Anyway either type tires are OK to use with those rims.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i figured they would rub, saved myself the trouble of doin it and gettin disappointed. but whats wrong with truck tires? make it look BEASTLY haa just kidding. i'm sure that just offended someone.

thanks again for the feedback gents

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......but whats wrong with truck tires.....
Harder sidewalls (and often, harder tread).....handling and ride will suffer versus car tires.

Plus, truck tires look like they should be on trucks :p .

KW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts