Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

The time has come and I am building a new vehicle, so I think the Caprice is gunna have to go. I am selling the car as a rolling chassis only, NO DRIVETRAIN. Here are the specs...

-1981 Chevy Caprice 4-door
-White exterior (chrome bumpers) Navy blue interior
-Body and Chassis have 50k Miles (documented) and are SOLID.
-NO RUST/ ROT on the undercarriage at all. Car has been garaged since new, and never driven in snow. Was undercoated from the dealer (documented).
-Clean MA title

I used this car as a daily driver in the summer time for the past two years. It was originally a 6cyl car that I completely transformed into a street/ strip toy. With that in mind, a lot of items were removed to save weight. Here is the list of items removed...
-Complete heating/ AC system (includes heater box, controls, compressor/ condensor, vents under the dash and etc).
-Rear door power window motors/ power lock actuators removed. (manual locks still work, but glass was secured up permanently...REAR ONLY. Fronts still function fine).
-Insultaion/ sound deadening removed from under the OEM carpet.
-Front sway bar removed (for drag racing...not weight).
-OEM stereo and speakers were removed (this car was ordered as a base and only had 2 front speakers anyways).
-Factory wiring harness was thinned and completely rewired professionally with all new relays, breakers (instead of fuses), and etc. Looks AWSOME under the dash.

After removing the AC box from the firewall, I made a custom aluminum block off panel that was sealed to the body when installed. It was primed, undercoated and painted the same satin black as the engine bay. It also has 2 -4an bulkhead fittings (for Braided nitrous lines, mechanical pressure gauges and etc).

Now on to the good stuff...
-B&M Pro Ratchet shifter on the floor with custom console riser and 5ft Cable (setup for a th350).
-Full Custom Autometer Ultra Lite gauge cluster (speedo, tach, oil pressure, water temp, volts, and fuel level).
-Modified glove box door to access breakers or MSD box if you so choose to install one.
-Prewired vehicle for NITROUS. Includes wiring for seperate fuel pump, micro switch, solenoids (single stage) and transbrake.
-Complete fuel system front to back for CARB (can be changed for efi with the swap of a spring included for the regulator). Fuel system includes modified OEM tank for return system. 1/2" pickup in tank, -6an feed, -8an return, walbro 255lph inline, Aeromotive a1000 bypass regulator, replaceable filter with AN fitings. Braided line FRONT TO BACK.
-Complete stand alone fuel system for nitrous. Includes custom 3 gallon aluminum fuel cell built to fit in opposite battery tray under hood. Low Key Auto fuel pump, -6an feed and return lines, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, and 4an feed to the solenoid side.
-Hedmen long tube headers, custom 3" y into a 4" single exhaust with a magnaflow 4" in/out muffler (sounds AWSOME). Trans crossmember for th350 (modified for the custom 3" y exhaust.
-2.93 8.5" 10 bolt rear end POSI with sway bar and boxed lower control arms. Also included is a spare 10 bolt housing with good 3.73 gears. Both rears have the larger drum brake package.
-Custom aluminum nitrous bracket in the trunk for standard 10lb bottles. Feed lines and wiring as well.
-Griffin aluminum racing radiator with custom aluminum fan shroud and dual 10" electric fans setup on key power with all new relays and harness. Also includes external front mount trans cooler and braided trans lines for TH350/ 700r4

The interior in this car is next to mint. The bench seats are amazing and its like racing on a sofa. There is one small crack on the corner of the dash pad. The seats are beautiful with NO rips/ or cig burns (i dont smoke). Headliner is in very good shape, and the windshield is new. All seatbelts are in place and function properly. Carpet cleans up pretty nice.

Exterior could use fresh paint. The paint that is on the vehcile cleans up nice, but I only give it a 6/ 10. Body side moldings were removed and a little paint chipped off in the process on the doors. Glass is all there and good. The chrome on this car is beautiful and it was ordered without the stupid rubber bumper guards. All lights work and function properly.

wheels are 15x6.5 oem in the front. Rears are 9c1 15x7 or 7.5 (cant remember). Tires are good in the front, need to be replaced in the rear. The car has the oem 6cyl front springs which gives it an awsome stance and really nice ride. (weight transfer at the track is pretty nuts too). Rear springs have been powdercoated and are from a 9c1. Newer shocks all around.

This car was awsome for a daily driver in the summer time in street/ strip trim. With a very mild 350, and 150hp shot of nitrous, the car has been 114mph in the 1/4 mile on street tires (ran 12.30). This car literally needs a drivetrain dropped in and it is ready to go. I am leaving it together if someone is serious and wants to come for a ride before I pull the powertrain out. The car is SOLID. I GUARENTEE you will not find a more solid box chassis with this kinda mileage. This would be a great project for someone to pick up where I left off. All the hard work and fab is done. Build a nasty motor, drop it in and go racing!

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, so if you have questions ask. I am looking to get 1500 or best offer. The performance parts and custom work going with the car are worth the asking price alone. This is a steal for what your getting. Its like buying everything you need minus a motor/ trans to go fast and getting a car for free lol.

Any questions, call 413-455-9795
The car is in Springfield MA.

Here are some pictures...

...stance with the big tires...

...shows how solid the floors are...

Video of what the exhaust sounds like:

...shows the shifter. ignore the gauges, that was an old setup from last year...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...alright....this is a one time thing to see if it goes....

I am putting the car up for 1200. FOR THIS WEEK ONLY...
(and no this is not some craigslist style b/s lol)

I came across a deal I don't want to pass up.
If I loose out this week, then I will pull everything out of the car, sell/ keep the performance parts....an put it in storage until I can buil the car the way I want too.

So if you want it as described above.....come get it for 1200. I will take you for a ride so you can see the posi/ suspension work...and then I will pop out the powertrain and leave the rest.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds like a weird way to sell a vehicle..lol.. but whatever works for the guy out there with an engine and tranny that fits. Some of us aren't mechanics, or most of us aren't.

Edit: Meant to say its a nice looking box version and sounds like a good price for the mechanics out there

Good luck....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey man..at least put in the good ol' 229 for us non mechanically inclined individuals. I'd drive it with the 229 backed by all that fancy stuff.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You should have turned it into a mailbox or a decorative display piece. And yeah sorry to get the thread off track. Good luck with the sale..this is definitely a deal & and a half for anyone that is capable of doing a drive train overhaul.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Say it aint so!! Well best of luck to you on your next project. You cant buy all that stuff for that price.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good to hear...don't see many cars hot rodded by their original owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts