Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this roadmaster on my way to a window sales apointment in Newington CT. The wagon had $850 or best offer written in the rear and side glass. I couldn't stop to look at it right away I would have been late for my sales call, well I sold the job and went back and bought the car!!!
Its a 1995 woodie with 92,000 miles! Has a bad A/C compressor, brake line and needed the new battery. I had it towed to my Mechanics and they will go through the car for me! These guys are great (Paramount Garage West Hartford) They work on all our Trucks gas and Diesel!
Well I am excited about my new Roadmaster I logged over 60,000 miles on my caprice last year! Time to give her a break! Plus the Roadmaster is OHHH SOOOO CLASSY ! What a oppulent car! Can't wait to drive her to leads that are far away! mmmmmmmmmm LT1
the 5.7 tbi in my caprice served me well, however I can't wait to cruise in the LT1. Should e able to register her next week! Tints, lettering, tires....Even thought the car didnt run I gave the guy his full asking price.... body and interior are in nearly mint condition he even had the original window sticker $29,995 in 1995. He then threw in the Utility trailer! Car got to shop threw a new battery in it and motor purred nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!customers trip when i pull up in a big ass wagon! hey its my showroom on wheels!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice find, can't argue with the price, especially with a trailer.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Nice! For about $1100 for the car and parts to fix it, (ac- brake line) Not a bad buy! Good job saving another!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks like a nice find!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wish I could find a deal like that. $850 usually gets you a banged up, barely running B-body at best. Does it have the towing package?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's my type of deal!

Tom C.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the car running and registered

Well after an airconditioning compressor, (the old one was frozen and busted the belt on the previous owner thats what prompted him to sell I knew it was a gamble buying a car that didnt run but this car had only 92000miles!!! how bad could it be!!!) We also did battery and brake lines The car is back to LIFE!!!! I registered it today and had tints put on! I love these cars but WOW ALOT OF GLASS! Feels like you are being observed by everyone! Limo tint in the back and Legal in the front. I have the same tint set up on my caprice wagon and never got harrased by law enforment and I drive all over Connecticut, Mass and NY selling windows! My caprice has the 5.7 TBI but you really feel the difference of the LT1. Drove the roadmaster home she runs great but I know I am going to need to do some suspension work! I have Bilsteins on my caprice THEY ARE AWESOME I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! I parked my car in my drive way and heard a pump and air hissing.......These cars have air suspensions???????? Well if it does then I for sure have a leak in a bag. That for sure will be the next project!!! Well thanks for talking shop ladies and gents!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yes, air bags on rear shocks.
Most of us threw the stock shocks out, and put Bilsteins on and Air Lift air bags inside the coil springs. Will hold like 1,000 Lbs I think, maybe more. I have put WAYYYYY over 1,000 lbs in mine, and the bags do the job easily.

GREAT buy. I'd love to buy something like that for a project/daily driver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, air bags on rear shocks.
Most of us threw the stock shocks out, and put Bilsteins on and Air Lift air bags inside the coil springs. Will hold like 1,000 Lbs I think, maybe more. I have put WAYYYYY over 1,000 lbs in mine, and the bags do the job easily.

GREAT buy. I'd love to buy something like that for a project/daily driver.
I am definelty going to look into the air lift bags and bilsteins!
I will keep you posted thanks for the advice!
Danny

·
Registered
502 Posts
Why can't I ever find those deals?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts