Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos show the new bulb on the drivers side for a comparison. I was hoping they would improve the woefully inadequate light IMO from the stock housings and several years old Wagner halogens. They're a little whiter and a little brighter. $48 dollars worth? That's debatable.

Attachments

· Registered
8,013 Posts
One really needs to run headlights directly to the battery via relays for maximum effect.

· Registered
8,013 Posts
Well,a high-powered harness along with brighter bulbs give me acceptable lighting. Especially,when I consider the vast majority of my driving is during daylight hours. If I had to drive at night continually,maybe I'd do something else...

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wiring kit is on my list. Still trying to figure out exactly how it makes a noticeable difference in light output though. Maybe you can enlighten me.
Most of my driving is daytime, also.
Yeah, I paid a little more, shopping locally.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put the passenger side bulb in and went for a spin. I can actually see things on dark side streets. If the wire kit makes as big a difference, I won't be perusing other aftermarket solutions. I'm looking at the Innovative Wiring kit. Couple shots with both new bulbs. The side of the house is much brighter. :)

Attachments

· Registered
8,013 Posts
Amazon is a little cheaper,but shipping eats up most of the savings. Some time spent adjusting the aim usually improves things also.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
I have been using the Silverstar Ultras for a long time. They are an improvement and I drive at night a lot. Still they are barely adequate and I would do something more expensive if I were going to keep the car.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Innovative Wiring Headlight harness installed

I installed the Innovative Wiring headlight harness and while not earthshaking, it was most definitely well worth the improvement. Very well designed and a snap yo install. An extra relay and breaker were even included. Great product.
A couple "before and after" photos on low beam. I can actually drive at night relaxed now. Wish I had done the Silverstar Ultra bulbs/wiring harness long ago on my '91.

Attachments

· Registered
594 Posts
Get Gary's harness AND the battery cables...

You will need both...

Made a world of difference in brightness on mine - with stock bulbs...

I don't need silverstars..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.