Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you digital dash 9C1's (91 ish) have the digital speedO read 0, but not change when you drive???
i am purchasing a 91 with this problem next week, and i hope i can figger it out ;)
thanks
jonathan

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a similar problem with my 1995 Dodge Intrepid that I used to have. What happened was that moisture had gotten onto one or more of the speed sensors and had shortened it out, and so it stood at zero for a while.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong on this, but I *believe* the VSS is located on top, around the bottom of the steering column.

Dave

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VSS is in the tail snout at the rear of the tranny.

Some pick-ups had a cable drive that ran a VSS in the speedometer head, but none of the 91-96 B-bodies had that style.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey all thanks for the replies, i should be getting the car tomorrow... and i may just put it on the road sooner than expected...
my 94 is still getting painted :( it has been at the shop for like 5 weeks... but i was planning on taking it off the road in late october-early november (we're almost there!!!)
so odds are good that i'll be posting here over the weekend ;)
thanks again!
jonathan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey one more thing... i was reading on 9c1.com and it said that all '91 LO5 9C1s came with 3.42's is that true???
thanks
jonathan

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, all L05's came with the 3.42 gear from it's introduction in 1989, until the final year for the L05 in the 9C1, which was 1993.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey i have searched the forum a bit, but i remember reading about someone putting the fuelpump from an LT1 car in their LO5 tank to boost fuel pressure... well after about 5 mins total running time on my winter beater the fuel pump went... i tested it and it seems to be the pump.. (wouldn't you guess with a full tank of gas???)
thanks
jonathan
Ps also if there is an easier way to remedy this other than dropping the tank i am all ears ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, its time to drop the tank.

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey i replaced the fuel pump, funny thing is the old one started working after we dropped the tank, just needed to be hit a few times... i replaced it anyway, new pump, strainer, and fuel filter came to around $65 at auto zone. i don't know what i would do if we didn't have a lift in the farm shop ;)
jonathan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts