Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm tired of fighting the cars wiring nightmare to keep it running, so I'm parting it and sending the rest to a yard. So with that I am willing to pull parts for you guys if you need any.
It is a police package 91, manual windows, power locks.

Driver door panel shot. Rest are ok.
Backseat is in good shape (top and bottom) Driver seat is dirty but ok, pass. is fine.

It is cloth interior. I've painted the plastic peices black and grey, piller covers are in good shape. Rear speaker grills good. Basically all there.

Tails are 94-96 (Made a clone out of it)

I have a 96 originall SS Floor Shift console and Column

Rear end was converted to 3.73 gears and was gone through. Will sell complete with Eibach Springs and Swaybar.

Motor is a 383 Stroker with a 177 Supercharger.
Completely gone through, Balanced and Blueprinted
Forged Guts and Crank
292H Comp Cam with Roller Rockers
Heads were built and vales can handle upto 650 lift.
I am thinking of putting the engine into a 69 Nova SS or for the right price will sell too.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
976 Posts
shifter

so what your are saying is that you have a console shifter and cable to convert into a floor shifted car,if so price would be nice and pics interested

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the 96 shifter is complete from knob to linkage, cable, floor bracket. Plastic is in perfect shape, no broken pieces. Arm rest is tear free as well. Not sure where to price this at? I got the shifter and matching column with key for $550....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hey guys I'm tired of fighting the cars wiring nightmare to keep it running, so I'm parting it and sending the rest to a yard. So with that I am willing to pull parts for you guys if you need any.
It is a police package 91, manual windows, power locks.

Driver door panel shot. Rest are ok.
Backseat is in good shape (top and bottom) Driver seat is dirty but ok, pass. is fine.

It is cloth interior. I've painted the plastic peices black and grey, piller covers are in good shape. Rear speaker grills good. Basically all there.

Tails are 94-96 (Made a clone out of it)

I have a 96 originall SS Floor Shift console and Column

Rear end was converted to 3.73 gears and was gone through. Will sell complete with Eibach Springs and Swaybar.

Motor is a 383 Stroker with a 177 Supercharger.
Completely gone through, Balanced and Blueprinted
Forged Guts and Crank
292H Comp Cam with Roller Rockers
Heads were built and vales can handle upto 650 lift.
I am thinking of putting the engine into a 69 Nova SS or for the right price will sell too.

Thanks guys!
Damn that is sad!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Whats wrong with the wiring???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried for 3 years to get this thing reliable. I really do not want to do this but I have no choice. I've sunk 2 grand into the wiring still wont run right. I am at my whits end with it. The car obviously doesnt want to be on the road. Time to move on. Sorry guys. Really kills me seriously.

·
Registered
976 Posts
what you mean the wiring i have a parts car that was running and all the wiring is there let me know im gonna hack up the car but i can save the wiring for you to get going lmk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Always wanted. It's non computerized, carbed. But I just couldn't get the motor to run with computer eliminated. Harness had been hacked on to much. Not sure that harness will work....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've tried for 3 years to get this thing reliable. I really do not want to do this but I have no choice. I've sunk 2 grand into the wiring still wont run right. I am at my whits end with it. The car obviously doesnt want to be on the road. Time to move on. Sorry guys. Really kills me seriously.

Who are you having work on the wiring? Its a carbed motor. It should be easier on the wiring side

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a place called Tire World off 3rd west and 2500 south. Spent 2 grand and it still doesnt run right. Alternator wont charge, sometimes it will. If you saw the wiring in this thing you would see why I gave up on it. lol, I've never seen a wiring harness so effed up. It's been hacked and spliced by so many different people have no idea where to even begin to replace it. A wire will start red, then turn to black, then yellow, and connect to whatever it's running as a white shielded wire. It's just impossible to know what wire runs what ya know?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you don't want to part it out, Call Brock and he will make the car run and not give you the business. 801-966-4560 tell him Chris Campbell sent you. Please quit taking the car to people who shouldn't change oil. That is why the wiring is what it is.

I would help you rewire it myself but My wife is about to pop any day with our 2nd boy and I don't have time to finish my cars right now.

If you do want to part it out-- then good luck Kenton! and what do you want for the car as a roller(No engine or trans)?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thanks Always wanted. It's non computerized, carbed. But I just couldn't get the motor to run with computer eliminated. Harness had been hacked on to much. Not sure that harness will work....

no problem sad to here you have to let it go car looks to be in good shape hope u decide to call the guy that is mentioned on the above post.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
PM Sent

Sending you a PM on some parts. If the car is in great sape otherwise it seems a shame to part her out. I wonder if a company out there has a harness that will fit your custom application. Sounds like it would be best to swap it out if it has all that stuff butchered up.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
In my professional opinion, (ase master tech), sounds like a nightmare to tackle, but something I would love to do. Sounds like it could be complicated but not really if you know what you are doing. I would help you out if you were closer. I am in Michigan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts