Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the entire front end from the car it was in an accident a while back I removed the rad. support , fenders, bumper ,and the hood , I tried to put it all back together so far I have everything almost assemblied except for the hood and fenders , the problem is that the hood is still crooked I've adjusted the shims and everything the hood sits slightly off to the driver's side near the headlight what is the problem ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
make double sure the hood gas shocks are bolted on right ;) where they bolt to the hood, it is easy to put them on upside down if you aren't paying attention.
also when i put my aftermarket (cheap) hood on, the one (front right corner) was sticking down, so i put a 6X6" block under the center of the hood, and held down on the center with my right hand and pulled up with my left, and it ligned up perfectly ;)
jonathan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the hood to close completly now but when I pull the lever to open the hood it opens but the hood pops open still crooked , I took my car in to my old high school and looked the car over and I found out that it was the frame that was slightly damaged because I did an alignment test and saw that the frame is slightly off center it is about 1/2" over to far to the driver's side , so now every thing is gonna be slightly crooked until I get it on a frame machine. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts