Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure but Rustic would probably know. If I had to guess then I would say yes but that's only a guess.
BTW your pm box is full

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They'll fit, but why do you have to use something that is 5 years older than what came on the car?

New (OE) arms are available from GM and from Dorman (copy of OE), as well as aftermarket (fabricated), including Rustic.

Cost?--used is less, no doubt.

Why are you replacing them, if you don't mind telling us?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True..I needed a quick fix for a chunk of the front LCA arm broke off when I missed a speed bump..(more like a speed mountain)due to no reflectors, causing the bracket that supports the shock to break off, shooting my Edelbrock shock through the lca hole and bending/breaking off. :mad:
I found one on a local yard for 20 bucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The steering stop design is different, but I don't think it matters.

Hopefully it's a gently-used part that lived most of it's life in the dry parts of SoCal.

Just look it over carefully for any indication of bent or cracked areas, especially around the ball joint boss, the bushing area--and the shock mounting flange--they do break in that area.

You may also find that the hole for the stabilizer bar link is worn/oblonged. Welding a cupped washer over that is a good fix--if it needs it, let me know and I can send you a cupped washer of the right size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.