Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor is moving and has a 92 or 93 roadmaster that he took off the road like a year ago for some oil pressure issues. He says the junkman will give him 400 for it. Car is complete, if there is anything anyone needs, let me know and I will see what he wants for it. Its grey with grey interior, not sure if its leather or not.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
You have to fill the mirror recesses on the door, change all of the exterior window chrome except for the top piece, and maybe drill a couple of holes for the mirrors. If the doors have the chrome strip at the vertical "B" pillar of the window frame, you have to move your run tracks to the donor doors, and remove the chrome strip. Other than that, it will fit. You are going to change the interior pieces as well. Be careful removing the upper inside reveal molding, the clips are fragile, and if you just yank it off, the clips will detach from the plastic. Take the run channel out, and use a screw driver to pry the clips off progressively from front to back. move them part way first, so the plastic does not bend much, and stress the clip attachments.

If I were going to do a custom door, I would just fill the mirror recesses, and put peekaboo/dental mirrors on the doors, and let the trim alone (except for the B pillar chrome strip and run channel).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if it's worth it. Guy wants 500 for it. Interior is real clean and was thinking of grabbing the steering column for my impala. Mine has a lot of play in it.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
The play is more likely in your steering box. You can adjust it to tighten it up. You can do most of the adjustment on the car.

First off, see if he will sell it for less...offer him $350. $350-500 is about the same as the junk yard will pay him. If you want some spares, buy it and junk the shell after you take the parts off. Add up the prices of the parts you take off, and when you reach what you paid for it, then sell the rest to the junk yard. You will probably get almost as much as you paid for the car. You could even sell the parts and make a profit.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The play is more likely in your steering box. You can adjust it to tighten it up. You can do most of the adjustment on the car.

First off, see if he will sell it for less...offer him $350. $350-500 is about the same as the junk yard will pay him. If you want some spares, buy it and junk the shell after you take the parts off. Add up the prices of the parts you take off, and when you reach what you paid for it, then sell the rest to the junk yard. You will probably get almost as much as you paid for the car. You could even sell the parts and make a profit.
around here if you take it in you'd get about $500 in scrap for the car plus $100-120 for the converter on ebay

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
BTW, if you were referring to the interior panels fitting your SS, They will not fit correctly. The front of the panel is designed for the 91-93 dash. If you can swap the top front panel, they are adaptable. You do have to paint them with Impala gray interior paint.

If you remove the column, you would not be able to take it in, someone would have to come and get it.

The column does not have the wiring for the VATS. Only 94-96 columns have the wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts