Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not without a LOT of work & custom dash panels. I contemplated doing it on my '92 RMS. I have a spare dash panel to play with but not enough time. I would change it from a one piece to a 2 piece to gain the room, then mold to fit and recover with woodgrain vinyl to match.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I plan on putting a double din touchscreen in my 91 caprice it dont look to be to hard. I have put a double din touchscreen in a 91 caddy it wasnt to hard. S6301702.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want to put a double din in my 91 caprice what do i need to cut or mold to make it fit flush in the dash I already have an extra dash panel panel to fill in any gaps that maybe left after cutting also does anyone know where I can buy a set of fiberglass door panels with speaker cut outs front and back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I want to put a double din in my 91 caprice what do i need to cut or mold to make it fit flush in the dash I already have an extra dash panel panel to fill in any gaps that maybe left after cutting also does anyone know where I can buy a set of fiberglass door panels with speaker cut outs front and back.
ive seen a few 91s with double dins and it seems fairly straight forward,Use a kenwood Double din sleeve as a rough guide to get it in and make it look flush.as far as door pannels make them yourself it isnt hard and the cost your saving lets you be really custom with your install,Most of the premade door pannels your gonna find are going to need ALOT of prep work and sanding which equals alot of labor time and cost that could have been saved if you did the work from the start yourself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts