Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just now on Barrett Jackson they just sold a 1992 Chevrolet Impala Pre Production Prototype and I swear it looked exactly like a 95 or 96 because of the 1/4 window. Did anyone see this or am I losing my mind.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
lol that was sold about 2years ago. i use to have ALOT of pics of it but that was on my old laptop.

·
Registered
854 Posts
like coach cowher said in '05 "who dat? we dat!".....wait, that was 'who dey?"

go Steelers

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
That'd be this 'un...

Brought 75k in '09. There was another mule or one-off on ebay recently, too(I don't think it was this one but I might be wrong).

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Note the floor shift. What was GM thinking in waiting till the end to finally include that? cwm3

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Note the floor shift. What was GM thinking in waiting till the end to finally include that? cwm3
Thats NOT how the car was originally configured.

When it was a show car, hitting up the major cities with all the new GM models, it didn't have a floor shifter, and it had a speed density LT1 in it.

Some time after that, it got the 510 big block and floor shifter, and probably other mods too.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
There is also a good chance that it can't be registered for street use.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Pretty sure the VIN numbers on all those show cars GM auctioned off end in X's instead of build sequences, and I believe the titles were either listed as salvage only or something along those lines.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts