Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my 92 rms for about may last year and i finally got another car so that i can do a little work on it. first thing id like to find out is if anyone has had these issues
1.my hazards do nothing, also i kind of have no idea if im activating them correctly! (n00b yes, dumb no. lol)
2. cruise control situation is parallel to above
3. fuel gauge doesnt work, although i pretty much know what that is

so anyone got any advice for a confused enthusiast?

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Check your hazard relay. It is not the same as the trun signal relay. There are 2 metal can relays on the convience center beside the column.

The cruise could be any number of problems. You need an FSM to troubleshoot it. Is it totally inop, or just does not stay engaged? Specific descriptions are helpful.

The fuel gauge could be the sender in the tank. You can check the resistance of the sender by disconnecting the tank cable at the driver's side rear corner. The pump is the gray wire, black is ground, and the sensor should be purple (only one left). The sensor should read somewhere between 0 and 90 ohms. You can hook up a variable resistor/potentiometer to the leads for the gauge at the connector, and move it from one end to the other while having someone watch the gauge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cruise is completely inop. to my knowledge. i'm not even really sure on how to use it :confused: but i do know that regardless of which way the switch on the handle is if does nothing. i have tried several times to engage it at highway speed and it doesn't seem to do anything once i lift off the gas. :(

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
The CC could be as simple as a new arm. You have to remove the small cover behind the base of the arm, unhook the connector, then just pull the arm to remove. You should check the switches to see if they are functioning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts