Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 94 caprice wagon with 239,000 Yuk Maroon and a 92 roadmaster with 129,000 fully loaded with tan lether.

What would be the better one Pros and Cons.

Both around 1500.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Get the 94. Why?? LT1. I am still trying to find a decent priced LT1 to stick into my 91. Lately I've been checking for 94-96 Wagons, but the prices around here are up there. We all know these cars will drive for a long time w/ a little maint.
Or if you are afraid of the miles, give me the contact info on the 94. I need it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say go for the Buick. Nicer interior, Nicer car. You can always mod the motor later., and cheaper than an LT1.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you don't like the color on the Caprice. I'd never buy a car I don't like walking up to. The Caprice is gonna need suspension parts? I do like the Caprice roof rack, if you're gonna use it. Also better for a roof rack delete, which is a great looking mod on the Caprice wagons. I'd pick the RM, especially if the Buick is leather and the Chevy has velour. Wood siding is somehow comforting to police, they rarely pull me over and I speed CONSTANTLY!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait! I got the best solution....

Buy them BOTH!!
For $3000 you can put them both together to make one hell of a car.

Put the LT1 into the buick so you get muscle, vista window, leather, better paint choice, and woody incognito power.

Or put the interior into the yuk maroon (LOL) caprice and leave the engines alone. The LT1 is a much younger engine, and probably your best bet.

But why not have both? Can't you have your cake and eat it too?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say the capice with out a doubt. Im not a fan of the buik roof. The LT1 is a plus. I like the Caprice interior better too.Plus i would just rather have a chevy than a Buik, even though there the same car. Its mainly personal prefrance. There both cool.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BCs71:
Wait! I got the best solution....

Buy them BOTH!!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GENIUS!

:eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Went and looked at the Buick today, its not bad has some front end work that will need to be done. Over all not bad. I do like the climate controls in the buick. Although the roof line is not as nice as a caprice for doing mods but I guess I will work with it. and I got it for 1,300 I also have the caprice wagon that I have got to get fr MASS that I won on ebay for 1009 and orderd som SS rims and all. Now just have to figer out what I am going to do to and with them. My wife don,t even know about it yet. I never really meesed with the wagons befors I have allways had vans.

Any Sugetions as to Mods I want to have a Nice ride but want suport in the rear. I want to do a rolpan and a nice grill. Both wagons are woodies I wood like to de wood one any one do this and how?

Thanks
All

Chris
I think I will take some phots and start a web page when I get The Wagons..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, alright, alright. Enough with this already. I'd like to volunteer to "help a brother out". I'm willing to take the caprice wagon off your hands for you right now. It's what I've been looking for and you clearly have more wagons than your wife can stand. So, since I have wagon envy (especially for woodys) and I'd hate for you to get into too much hot water with Mrs. Music - I REALLY want to help you out for your own good. Please contact me so that I can do you this favor.

Thanks,
John

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I most Likely sell the Caprice but it will be a few weeks as I have it registerd here in NJ and the car is up in Mass i will be going up to get it in the next two weeks most likely 15th of March.

Chris

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please keep me in the loop if you're going to let anything go for a reasonably cheap price. There isn't JACK around here for cheap wagons. You're quite a ways away - but hey, you neva know.
The last wagon I stopped and looked at was at a small cheatem and beatem lot and they wanted almost 4 grand for a 1991 305 car. Granted, they are retarded and I could also get a 94 LT1 RM wagon for the same money off a different local lot, but the point being is that prices around here are all over the map - but nothing seems to be cheap at all - and not many private people seem to be selling either. Either way make sure you give us pics of your collection while you still have it. Congrats on your new collection.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Music:
I most Likely sell the Caprice but it will be a few weeks as I have it registerd here in NJ and the car is up in Mass i will be going up to get it in the next two weeks most likely 15th of March.

Chris
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mr. Music,
Where are you headed in MA? We have a bunch of guys up here in BADASSofNE and we're always looking for reasons to cruise. If you'd like to meet up and grab some chow, I'm sure we could arrange that. We can give you some pointers on mods and whatnot. We also have a guy who lives in northern NJ who we might be able to put you in touch with. LMK... :D

Cheers,
Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hold UP!!! You won that car??? I was the $999. Bidder and you snatched right out.

Besides guys I called first dibs.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess Some one offerd him more money When I went To Pick the Roadmaster up no one was there and the car was gone. I guess the guy may have got a better offer he was asking 2200 and I offerd 1300 and he gave me his word I guess it was just that a word. So Looks like Ill be keeping the Caprice I like the roof line of it better as well as the front end. SO I am looking for some Nice Buckets for it.

CJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts