Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the FSM for 94 & 96 B-bodies, but have a question on a 93. Does anyone know the wiring diagram for the rear view mirror? What each color wire is for? Will the 94 FSM diagrams match the 93?

thanks, Steve

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wiring probably matches, but here is what my 93 FSM shows (just in case):
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Blk/Lt Grn - Constant +12v (Fuse 1 - 15 amp) Power for courtesy lamps.<LI>Blk/Lt Blu - +12v in run, bulb test, or start (Fuse 17 - 15 amp) Power for the automatic day/night feature<LI>Blk/Wht - Door pin switches (white wire from any of the door pin switches) Turns on the courtesy lamps when door is open<LI>Blk - Ground (Find a ground wire to tap into or just ground to any available metal which has continuity to the body/frame) Ground for all mirror features[/list]

The above list is for the day/night automatic mirror. If you don't have the automatic mirror you won't have the Blk/Lt Blu wire. All of the other wires are the same. (Note: If you happen to have a mirror from a 91-92 Caprice which has a compass -wasn't available in 93 - the Blk/Lt Blu wire hooks up the same as above but runs the compass back-light).

HTH! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FakeSS,
Thanks a million! The color scheme you described for the wires are the exact same colors I have on the mirror. It is supposedly from a Buick and has the compass in the corner. I have Donnely mirrors in my SS and B4U and love 'em. Plus this is my deer hunting buddy's car and we tend to get lost ;) once in a while.

Thanks again and this forum is the best!

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts