1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys and girls
thinking about buying a 93 fleetwood brougham whit 106 k
but.....
people always talking about 94-96 as lt1s??
what engine is there in a 93 then
any changes in the 93-96 models??

regards stig

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you watch top gear? lol "The Stig"

anyway...I have a 93 FWB...sadly these do not have LT1 motors and have a uber underpowered L05, the car still is quick for what it is but its nothing compaired to a LT1 FWB, mine has 115,xxx NH miles on it and it runs well...but I would not pay more then $3k for it, due to alot of LT1s going for a little more or about that

still a great car...its best to have a L05 and an LT1 fleet, this is my current goal

cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the L05 is underpowered stock. It's still a 350 for crying out loud. Think hot-rod :cool:

Treat it the same you do any other Chevy 350; headers and pipes, intake manifold, camshaft, heads, and modify the fuel injection a little. If you wanted to get great power for as cheap as possible you only need to change the camshaft to a B-body LT1 cam and install headers and exhaust. That will cost well under $500!!!

Tuning would have to be done if you want to take the most advantage of the changes, which means a simple ECM swap, but most of the software is free so that's about a $100 investment all told.

I also have a 1993 Fleetwood, I'll be having no issues making lots of power with the TBI setup :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far for mods

1. Short ram intake
2. summit turboflow catback

headers probly before the cam for me

but still great cars overall

I love my fleetwood to death

1 - 4 of 4 Posts