Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight I'm having a few problems in my 93 fleet with my blinkers and the a/c not working. I've searched and made post about my a/c problem 'thanks for the help' and I still can't find the problem.

So when I first picked up the car the Dash was junk. Not the dash pad but the whole dash. So I bought a nice tan dash out of a 96 fleet. Put it in with the harness that it had on it and chunked my old dash like a dummy. Started the car up and everything lite up on the dash so I figured it was good. Painted the car months later, noticed the blinkers weren't working, figured it was bulbs and would fix it later. Now rebuilt Motor a few months later, bought all new a/c parts, sucked the system down and started charging the system noticed the compressor wasn't getting power. Looked and checked all over relays, fuses, switches, etc and still nothing. So my question is Does anyone know if by having that 96 dash harness, cluster, a/c control head, could be my problem with the blinkers and a/c compressor not getting power? I've notice not only do I have my OBD1 connector under the dash but I also have a OBD2 connector under the dash that was part of the 96 dash. I think I may need to find me a 93 dash harness.

Thanks for any help. Sorry if I left anything out

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Your best bet is probably to purchase both a '93 Fleetwood FSM and a '96 FSM to check wiring differences. It's very likely there are wiring differences, since the '93 was TBI and the '94 - '96 were LT1, as well as switching to OBDII in '96.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
You've certainly got an interesting combination of swap issues. I'd personally risk the flaming and double post your problems in Electrical for the SMEs there too.

I could e-mail you a page or two from my '95 FSM, but I'd need to know exactly which ones apply to your problem(s).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I should've posted in electrical but I've never really noticed the section.

Thx for the response.

I have a 93 FSM just alot of wires to trace down. I had a 93 in the shop today and noticed some relays in its harness under the dash for the blinkers. that I notice I don't have in mine.

So I really shouldn't have tossed that other dash and now looking to find that wiring harness if anyone has one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts