Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang
I might be trading some parts for a 1993 DCM (?) STS. 100,000+ miles on it, runs & drives good, interior is......well......kinda used. :rolleyes: Most everything works (at least what I tried on a very short test drive), and it has a Northstar. Has severe clear coat failure. Anything I should be "on the look out" for as far as problems? It also has the built in phone w/ factory Caddy Crest. I'll be in it well under than a grand. Whaddya think, let me know good or bad. Thanks!

Happy Holidays from Daytona Beach :cool:
Larry
(usually hangin' out in the wagon forum)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmm? I never really like the FWD caddies. I would say stay away from it. Everything seems expensive on those cars. There are known fr waterpump failures and rear main seal leaks. A buddy of mine finds them at the auctions for about 1000 bucks all the time. He usually finds them in good cosmetic condition though. I wouldn't get involved with it. FWIW... HTH...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eddie
Thanks for the info. I didnt get the STS, thankfully. :D I would love to find a Fleetwood, prefreably a DCM (was that color available?) sometime. :D I had a 81 Sedan de Ville (w/the 4-6-8 engine) that I loved, and put over 200,000 miles on it w/o any major problems. Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Best Regards from Daytona Beach :cool:
Larry

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DCM looks like it had to be available at least once judging from dkfinest's;
http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=001657

I like your sig "Hurst Wagon" look there. Don't know nothing about the compact Cady experiments (you know, Catera, post '85 Eldo, FWD STS, - and who can forget the infamous Cimmeron).

But I do like your wagon collection there. Best just to go with Eddie on this one.
::nodding head::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts